On the CUSP: April 2023
May 4, 2023
Awards and Recognitions:
Sherry Wang’s visiting student Ding Quan Ng received the pre-doctoral fellowship award for their collaborative project “Value assessment of acupuncture for cancer-related pain: a real-world data analysis” by the PhRMA Foundation.
Ajay Sharma chaired the “Corneal Epithelium” session at the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology Annual Meeting held in New Orleans, 2023.
Oral (e.g., Platform Presentations, Symposiums, Plenaries, Keynotes)
- Dr. Mary Gutierrez presented “Pharmacogenomics: A Primer for Clinicians in Psychiatry” at the Pharmacogenomics Conference hosted by the National University of Singapore, Singapore on April 18th, 2023.
- Dr. Jerika Lam presented “Pharmacogenomics in Pain Management”. Invited virtual presentation. Pharmacogenomics Conference. National University of Singapore, Singapore. April 18th, 2023.
- Dr. May Mak presented “Helping the Aging Heart: An Update on the Use of Direct Oral Anticoagulants in the Older Adult Population” at the Online CE Webinar hosted by the American Society of Consultant Pharmacists on April 6th, 2023.
- Faculty members Drs. Keykavous Parang and Rakesh Tiwari, Fellow Dr. Muhammad Imran Sajid, and MS candidate Mrigank Shekhar Rai presented “Design, synthesis, and evaluation of oleyl-WRH peptides for siRNA delivery” at the ACS National Meeting in Indianapolis, IN on March 26th, 2023.
- Dr. Sherry Wang and Fellow Dr. Jianwei Zhengpresnted on the “Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Opioid Overdose in California: An Analysis of Emergency Department Visit Trends from 2018 to 2022” at the University of California Health’s “Harnessing the Power of Real-World Evidence” conference on April 19th, 2023.
- Faculty Dr. Ajay Sharma and researchers Dr. Judy Weng Alyanna Corpuz presented on the “Effect of Irradiation on Macrophages and its Implication for Ocular GVHD” at the Annual Meeting for Association in Research and Ophthalmology in New Orleans between April 23-27, 2023.
Dr. Laressa Bethishou participated in producing “Guide to Integrating Pharmacy Extenders in Transitions of Care Services: Mapping Entrustable Professional Activities” in the American Pharmacists Association (APhA).
Dr. Jerika Lam and Dr. Mary Gutierrez worked with others to create the “IPE Case Study and Guide – Infectious Diseases, Psychiatric Disorders, and Substance Abuse: Viral Hepatitis, Substance Abuse, Depression, Back and Arm Pain and Weakness” in Applied Therapeutics: The Clinical Use of Drugs, 12th ed.
Dr. Rachita Sumbria and CUSP researchers, Drs. Joshua Yang, Wienjun Ou, and Nataraj Jagadeesan published “The Effects of a Blood–Brain Barrier Penetrating Erythropoietin in a Mouse Model of Tauopathy” in Pharmaceuticals.