The 2016-2017 school year will mark the third year of the Bike Voucher Program. The application can be found now on our OrgSync page! The deadline to apply is September 30th, 2016 at 5 PM.
This program, designed to incentivize the campus community (including Chapman students, faculty and staff) to engage in more sustainable transportation practices, is for those who do not wish to drive to campus and are willing to give up their right to buy an on-campus parking permit for the next two years. It provides eligible participants with a voucher worth $350 that can be redeemed at designated local Orange bicycle shops. The voucher may be used towards the purchase of a new bike, a bike lock, a helmet, or any other available cycling accessories and upgrades.
There are a few criteria that must be met in order to be eligible to receive a voucher. To see the complete description, visit our Sustainability website. Some of these criteria are listed here:
- Applicants must be enrolled at or employed by Chapman University
- Applicants must currently purchase an on-campus parking permit
- Recipients must relinquish their parking permit and sign the parking permit waiver for two consecutive years certifying that they will not bring a car to campus
- On-campus residents are ineligible to receive a voucher
To apply and allow us to determine your eligibility, visit our Bike Voucher Program OrgSync page. There you can also find a document containing all the details of the program under “Files.” In addition, here are some places where the Sustainability Department will be posting the latest information about the program:
- Chapman Sustainability Facebook Page
- Chapman Sustainability Twitter Page
- Chapman Sustainability Instagram Page
- Sustainability page of the Chapman.edu website
- Right here on the Sustainability Blog
Don’t forget, the deadline to apply is September 30th, 2016 at 5 PM!