Valentine’s Day is for celebrating all forms of love, whether it’d be love for friends, family, or the environment. It’s a day that reminds everyone to show love to others and lend a helping hand to those in need. This Valentine’s remember to give back to the Earth and your community. Need a couple of ideas? Check out the list below for creative ways to give back!
- Visit a local museum – Not only is this a fun way to give back to the community but it’s also is a date option that won’t break the bank.
- Go on a bike ride – Instead of taking a long drive to restaurant for dinner try riding your bike to a local park and having a picnic with friends or someone special. It’s a great way to enjoy nature and cut down on CO2 emissions.
- Donate a tree – For every donation, the Arbor Day Foundation will plant a tree in a loved one’s honor in a US National Park. It’s a wonderful gift that will last a lifetime.
- Take a beach trip – Very few places are as scenic as a Southern California beach. Visit with a special someone or with friends! But keep an eye out for trash/debris and make sure to properly dispose of it.
- Visit a food bank – Drop off none perishable food items or spend an hour packaging donations. A few cans of food is a gift that’s easy on the wallet and that makes a difference in the lives of others.