Chapman University hosted their annual Business plan competition on Friday, April 20th. 5 teams out of the 27 entered made the final round of the competition. SweetTreats took home the 1st prize and $5,000 in startup funding. Badoonga took home the 2nd prize as well as some seed funding. With its first place finish, SweetTreats was selected as Chapman University’s entry into the California Dreamin’ business plan competition, the premiere West Coast competition with entries from prominent universities around the nation.
The finalists were:
- Assetracker – A new way to track attendee spending at events so you know exactly who is buying your products and in what quantities. (Team members: Jared Kettler, Carma Chilleme, Augustine Vilches, Jeff Koenig)
- Badoonga – A social calendar that includes the best of Twitter with a calendar interface, so you can find events you want to attend and which friends are also going. (Team members: Chris Ramirez, Siddharth Ganji, Charles Lee)
- Flex Armor – Flexible padding and guard wear for sports. Current product is a flexible shin guard that allows for more flexibility and faster running speeds. (Team members: Pat Walsh, Mike Cragin, Williams Leek, Asia Vann)
- SweetTreats – A universal loyalty rewards program that allows you to collect points at multiple vendors and spend them anywhere. Team members: Brent Chow, Sean Kitamura, Sophia Dominguez, Garrett Lord, Ross Nordeen)
- Target Me – An advertising delivery system that delivers tailored ads based on your specific interests and demographic. (Team member: Perry Stallings)
For more information about Leatherby Center News and Events, please visit the Leatherby Center Website.