The Argyros School of Business and Economics Faculty create research on topics impacting businesses big and small around the globe. These books, studies, articles and papers are consistently found in the leading business journals and publications. We are extremely proud of the contributions. We had 93 papers published or accepted in the academic year 2017 – 2018. Since June 1, 2019, we’ve had 45 publications. Check back each month for an updated list.
2019-2020 Academic Year
Peer Reviewed Journal Articles
- Akbari, Mahsa, Duman Bahrami-Rand and Erik Kimbrough. (2019). “Kinship, Fractionalization and Corruption,” Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 166(C): 493-528.
- Barbieri, Stefano, Daniel Kovenock, David Malueg and Iryna Topolyan. “Group Contests with Private Information and the ‘Weakest Link,’” Games and Economic Behavior, 118 (2019), 382-411.
- Burnham, Terrence. (2019). “Ordinaries,” Bioeconomics, 21(3): 1-155.
- Burnham, Terence C., Phelan, Jay. (2020). “Ordinaries II: Mismatch.” Bioeconomics, 22: 1–14.
- Campbell, Tom and Nathaniel Wilcox. (2020). “Younger Federal District Court Judges Favor Presidential Power,” The Journal of Law & Economics, 63(1): 181-202.
- Chaudhary, Latika, Jared Rubin, Sriya Iyer and Anand Shrivastava. (2020). “Culture and Colonial Legacy: Evidence from Public Goods Games,” Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 173: 107-129.
- Corgnet, Brice, Mark DeSantis and David Porter (2020), “The Distribution of Information and the Price Efficiency of Markets,” Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, 110(1).
- Cortes, Gustavo and Marc Weidenmier, (2019). “Stock Volatility and the Great Depression,” Review of Financial Studies, 32(9): 3544-3570.
- Coskuner-Balli, Gokcen (2020). “Citizen-Consumers Wanted: Revitalizing the American Dream in the Face of Economic Recessions, 1981-2012,” Journal of Consumer Research
- Da, Zhi, Umit Gurun, Bin Li and Mitch Warachka. (2019). “Investment in a Smaller World: The Implications of Air Travel for Investors and Firms,” Management Science, 1-19.
- Deck, Cary A. and Bart J. Wilson. (2020). “Auctions in Near-Continuous Time,” Experimental Economics, 23(1): 110-126.
- Gelder, Alan, Daniel Kovenock and Brian Roberson. (2019). “All-Pay Auctions with Ties,” Economic Theory, 1-49.
- Giannantonio, C.M., Hurley-Hanson, A.E, Segrest, S.L., Perrewe, P.L., & Ferris, G.R. 2019. “Effects of Recruiter Friendliness on Applicant Reactions.” Personnel Review, 48(6): 1491-1506.
- Graebner, Melissa, Fabrice Lumineau and Darcy Fudge Kamal, (2020). “Unrequited: Asymmetry in interorganizational trust,” Strategic Organization, 18(2): 362-374.
- Hampton, Kyle. (2020). “Kiviq.us: A Free Double Auction Internet Classroom Experiment That Runs on Any Student Device,” Journal of Economic Education, 51(2): 209.
- Kimbrough, Erik, Andrew McGee and Hitoshi Shigeoka. (2020). “How Do Peers Impact Learning? An Experimental Investigation of Ability Tracking,” Journal of Human Resources, 55.
- Kovenock, Daniel, Brian Roberson and Roman Sheremeta. (2019). “The Attack and Defense of Weakest-Link Networks,” Public Choice, 179(4), 175-194.
- Kovenock, Daniel and David Rojo-Arjona. 2019. “A Full Characterization of Best-Response Functions in the Lottery Colonel Blotto Game,” Economics Letters, 182, 33-36
- Lu, Yuanzhu, Swapnendu Banerjee and Sougata Poddar. (2019). “Technology Licensing and Innovation – A Correction on Two-Part Tarif Analysis,” Economics Letters, 183.
- Lu, Yuanzhu and Sougata Poddar. 2019. “Limiting End-User Piracy – The Role of Private and Public Anti-Piracy Measures,” Annals of Economics and Finance, 20-1, 181-197.
- McCarter, Matthew, Shirli Kopelman, Thomas Turk and Candace Ybarra. (2020). “Too Many Cooks Spoil the Broth: Toward a Theory for How the Tragedy of the Anticommons Emerges in Organizations,” Negotiation and Conflict Management Research
- Murray, Noel. (2020). “A Multimodal Analysis Using an Exemplar from Japanese Television Advertising,” Athens Journal of Mass Media and Communications, 7: 1-15.
- Nyer, Prashanth U., Candace E. Ybarra, and John B. Broughton. (2019). “The Economics of Residential Solar Panels: Comparing Tiered and Time of Use Plans,” Open Journal of Business and Management, 8(1): 56-67.
- Nyer, Prashanth U., John B. Broughton and Candace E. Ybarra. (2019). “The Economics of Residential Solar Panel Installations for Customers on Tiered Rate Plans,” Open Journal of Business and Management, 7(4): 1999-2008.
- Nyer, Prashanth U. (2019). “The Relative Effectiveness of Online Lecture Methods on Student Test Scores in a Business Course,” Open Journal of Business and Management, 7(4): 1648-1656.
- Pickup, Mark, Erik Kimbrough and Eline de Rooij. (2020). “Identity and the Self- Reinforcing Effects of Norm Compliance,” Southern Economic Journal, 86: 1222-1240.
- Schneider, Mark and David Porter. (2020). “Effects of Experience, Choice Architecture, and Cognitive Reflection in Strategyproof Mechanisms,” Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 171: 361–377.
- Schniter, Eric, Timothy Shields, and Daniel Sznycer (2020). “Trust in Humans and Robots: Economically Similar but Emotionally Different,” Journal of Economic Psychology, 78.
- Selove, Matthew (2019). “Dynamic Pricing with Fairness Concerns and a Capacity Constraint,” Quantitative Marketing and Economics. 17(4): 385-413.
- Smith, Mackenzie, Kelly Leverett, Bart Wilson and Sarah Brosnan. (2019). “Capuchin Monkeys (Sapajus [Cebus] paella) Play Nash Equilibria, but their Decisions are not Likely Influenced by Oxytocin,” American Journal of Primatology, 81(4): 1-16
- Zia, Mohammad, and Ram Rao. (2019). “Search Advertising: Budget Allocation Across Search Engines,” Marketing Science, 38(6): 1023-1037.
- Baker, Julie, Kara Bently and Charles Lamb. (Forthcoming). “Service Environment Research Opportunities,” Journal of Services Marketing
- Banerjee, Swapnendu, Yuanzhu Lu and Sougata Poddar. (Forthcoming). “Technology Selling and Innovation with Bargaining,” Bulletin of Economic Research
- Chaudhuri, Shomesh E., Burnham, Terence C., Lo, Andrew W. (Forthcoming). “An Empirical Evaluation of Tax-Loss Harvesting Alpha.” Financial Analyst Journal
- Danaher, Brett and Jonathan Hersh. (Forthcoming). “The Effect of Piracy Website Blocking on Consumer Behavior,” MIS Quarterly
- Schniter, Eric and Timothy Shields. (Forthcoming). “Gender, Stereotypes, and Trust in Communication,” Human Nature
- Carvalho, Jean-Paul, Sriya Iyer and Jared Rubin. (2019). “Introduction,” in Carvalho, Jean-Paul, Sriya Iyer and Jared Rubin (eds.) Advances in the Economics of Religion, New York: Palgrave MacMillan, 1-21.
- Doti, Jim and Esmael Adibi (2019). Econometric Analysis with EViews. McGraw Hill Education
- Hurley-Hanson, A.E., Giannantonio, C.M. & Griffiths, A.J. (2020). Autism in the Workplace. Creating Positive Outcomes for Generation A. Palgrave Explorations in Workplace Stigma. Cham, Switzerland. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Burnham, Terrence. (2019). “Edward O. Wilson: Genesis, the Deep Origin of Societies,” Bioeconomics, 21(3): 183-189
- Carvalho, Jean-Paul, Sriya Iyer and Jared Rubin (eds.) 2019. Advances in the Economics of Religion. New York: Palgrave Macmillan
- Adler, Hank. (2019). “Wealth Tax Proposals – Not Ready for Prime Time,” Townhall.com
- Adler, Hank and Madison Spach. (2019). “The National Wealth Tax: Unconstitutional & Unworkable, Parts 1 & 2” Tax Notes
- Adler, Hank, (2019). “How to Pay the Wealth Tax: Sell Everything” The Wall Street Journal
- Adler, Hank. (Forthcoming). “Wealth Tax Proposals – Be Wary,” Chapman Review
For 2018-2019 publications, please see this earlier article.