CETL Events & Programs
As we look forward to the start of the fall term, the CETL team is excited to announce our 2023-2024 programming. These sessions have been designed with the success of both our faculty and students in mind. Our goal is to provide faculty with practical strategies that can be implemented in any course to support student learning and engagement.
Upcoming 2023-2024 Workshops:
- Inclusion and Accessibility in the Classroom: Supporting All Learners (workshop series)
- The Syllabus: Designing for Engagement and Inclusion
- Course Evaluations: Making Sense of Student Feedback
- Work Smarter, Not Harder: Tips for Increasing Your Efficiency
- What They Never Taught You About Teaching in Graduate School
- Assessment and Integrity in the World of AI
We will also be offering an Early Career Faculty Success program, Productive Pathways to Promotion, with the goal of supporting new and early career faculty in the classroom and in the review and promotion process for both tenure-track and non-tenure-track faculty. Additionally, we will be helping to facilitate faculty writing communities to support you in meeting your writing goals. If you are interested in participating in either of these programs, please let us know.
We hope to see you at these events this year!
CETL Fellows & Associates
As the CETL continues to grow, we have launched two opportunities for faculty to partner with us, either as a Faculty Fellow or as a Faculty Associate.
Faculty Fellows are full-time faculty members who have a passion for teaching and learning, possess pedagogical expertise and/or demonstrated excellence in teaching, and who have a desire to serve in an educational leadership role at Chapman University. Faculty Fellows maintain an active role in their home departments and collaborate with CETL in this stipend-based role to provide support for the development and delivery of CETL programs and services.
Our Fall 2023 Faculty Fellows:
- Melissa Rowland-Goldsmith, Schmid College of Science and Technology
- Kendra Day, Fowler School of Engineering
- Maryam Etezad, Fowler School of Engineering
- Laressa Bethishou, School of Pharmacy
- Jerika Lam, School of Pharmacy
Faculty Associates are full-time faculty members who have a desire to deepen their pedagogical expertise and support the development of other colleagues and graduate students. Faculty Associates collaborate with the CETL team in this service role to develop and deliver just-in-time programs and services.
Our Fall 2023 Faculty Associates:
- Teresa Sweet, Wilkinson College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- Gregory Warren, Attallah College of Educational Studies
If you are interested in learning more about these opportunities, please reach out to us!