Artists from our Escalette Collection of Art are frequently featured in galleries, exhibitions, art fairs, and beyond. This month, we have three top exhibitions on our radar within Southern California:
- Soo Kim and Chris Nathrop in Paperworks at the Craft and Folk Art Museum, on view until January 3, 2016.
- Frank Gehry retrospective at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, on view through March 20, 2016.
- Selections: Robert Rauschenberg at the Orange County Museum of Art, on view through October 11, 2015.
Our Chapman pride reaches all the way to the East Coast, too, as artist-alum Michael Reafsnyder‘s latest work is on view in his solo exhibition at Ameringer-McEnry-Yohe in New York City. Another artist in our collection, Todd Hebert, also has an exhibition at the same gallery; both shows run until October 10, 2015.
This past month, two more of our artists, John Baldessari and Ann Hamilton, were honored as recipients of the 2014 National Medal of the Arts. The award was presented by President Barack Obama to 11 recipients for their outstanding achievements in the arts; Hamilton and Baldessari were each selected for their challenging and innovative work in visual arts.
Here are our top five other events near us that we’re excited about:
- Degas: “Russian Dancers” and the Art of Pastel at Getty Center, on view until October 11, 2015
- Power and Pathos: Bronze Sculpture of the Hellenistic World at The Getty Center, on view until November 1, 2015.
- Modern Twist: Contemporary Bamboo Art at Bowers Museum, on view until January 3, 2016.
- Yayoi Kusama’s Infinity Mirrored Room—The Souls of Millions of Light Years Away in The Inaugural Installation at The Broad, on view until January 17th, 2016.
- Independent Visions: Women Artists of California 1880-1940 at Irvine Museum, on view from October 3, 2015 through January 21, 2016.
Featured image: John Baldessari, Accordionist (With Crowd). Lithograph on paper, 1994.