Are you looking for a fun activity to do at home? Put your detective skills to the test with the Escalette Collection’s scavenger hunt or crossword puzzle.
Escalette Collection Digital Scavenger Hunt
First, you’ll want to pull up our eMuseum website (wilkinsonartcollections.chapman.edu). This site allows you to explore all the works in the Escalette Collection as well as past exhibitions and collections of objects. You won’t get very far without it! By the way, did you know you can search titles, artists’ names, and key words in the search field at the top of our eMuseum page? It may also be helpful to visit our blog (blogs.chapman.edu/collections/).
Read each of the following clues carefully and write out your answers on a sheet of paper. Once you’re finished, the final instructions will have you spell out a very important word using the letters from your clue answers. Good luck!
Scavenger Hunt Clues:
- What is the title of the work about the journey of migrants that was showcased in our La Frontera/The Border exhibition in the Leatherby Libraries? Hint: Even though it’s a smaller work, it has a mountainous visual impact that makes it a cut above the rest.
- What is the title of a sculpture that uses unique and unorthodox materials? Hint: This sculpture would be unbearably irresistible to any 90’s collector.
- What is the title of the pair of paintings that will have you seeing spots? Hint: Are you bored at home? These works will help you keep track of the passing weeks.
- What is the name of one of the artists in the Escalette Collection who has worked in the music and film industry? Hint: His works are so good, they’ll have you freakin out.
- What is the name of the artist who created the painting that has you soaring high above the ground? Hint: Finding this one may be a bit of a maize, but hay it’s outstanding in its field.
- What is the name of one of the artists featured in our Women’s History Month Post? Hint: Even though her subjects have been blacklisted, her work is so amazing, it has us saying “You grow, girl!”
- What is the title of a paper cut in our collection that has some very relevant advice? Hint: Finding this work is going to be difficult, but don’t worry, you will of course go on.
- What is the title of painting that might have you drawing a blank? Hint: Of Corse it’s bhuetiful.
- What is the title of the painting that shows that not everything is black and white? Hint: After this question, we give you the green light to finish!
This nine-letter word will be made up of the following letters, in this order:
- Second letter of 1st answer
- First letter of 2nd answer
- First letter of 3rd answer
- Second letter of 4th answer
- First letter of 5th answer
- Second letter of 6th answer
- First letter of 7th answer
- Third letter of 8th answer
- Eighth letter of 9th answer
Think you have the right answer? Check your work on the Escalette Scavenger Hunt Answer Sheet.
Escalette Collection Crossword Puzzle
First, you’ll want to pull up our eMuseum website (wilkinsonartcollections.chapman.edu). This site allows you to explore all the works in the Escalette Collection as well as past exhibitions and collections of objects. You won’t get very far without it! By the way, did you know you can search titles, artists’ names, and key words in the search field at the top of our eMuseum page?
We invite you to explore all the works in the Escalette Collection by visiting our eMuseum.
Wilkinson College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences is the proud home of the Phyllis and Ross Escalette Permanent Collection of Art. The Escalette Collection exists to inspire critical thinking, foster interdisciplinary discovery, and strengthen bonds with the community. Beyond its role in curating art in public spaces, the Escalette is a learning laboratory that offers diverse opportunities for student and engagement and research, and involvement with the wider community. The collection is free and open to the public to view.