Chapman University’s 2017-18 academic year marks the thrilling tenth anniversary of the formation of the College of Performing Arts! To mark this great milestone, several special CoPA 10th Anniversary events are planned throughout the performance season beginning in October 2017.
Did you know? CoPA produces over 100 shows and concerts every year as part of Chapman’s pre-professional curriculum in dance, music, and theatre. CoPA students have the advantage of a wide range of performance venues to experience, from the intimate Studio Theatre and Salmon Recital Hall, to Musco Center’s state-of-the-art performance space, where they can stage their performances and hone their craft.
The 2017-18 CoPA Performance Season is filled with an exciting array of affordable, high-caliber entertainment, including:
- Cabaret, the Tony Award-winning hit musical*
- Opera Chapman’s fall performances of select classical opera scenes
- The Department of Dance presentation of the student-choreographed and performed Concert Intime
- Concerts by The Chapman Orchestra and Chapman University Wind Symphony*
- Concerts by the University Women’s Choir, the University Choir, and the University Singers
- Fall and spring Dance Concerts featuring breathtaking performances and innovative choreography*
- Return of the beloved Holiday Wassail Concert*
- Classical and contemporary concerts by Faculty and Guest Artists
- University Singers Post-Tour Concert*
- Contemporary concert with the New Music and Percussion Ensembles*
- Full-scale Opera production*
- Department of Theatre productions of the classic political satire story, The Resistible Rise of Arturo Ui by Bertolt Brecht; Appropriate by Branden Jacobs-Jenkins (2014–2015 Obie Award winner for Best New American Play); repertory productions of William Shakespeare’s tragedy Othello and the comedy Desdemona: A Play About a Handkerchief by Paula Vogel; and student-produced one-act plays
- Season finale Sholund Scholarship Concert*
- Plus many free events featuring Chapman dance and music ensembles!
CoPA performance tickets go on sale August 1, 2017 at chapman.edu/tickets. To receive information and updates about performances, special offers, and other CoPA news, join our email list today (unsubscribe at any time).
* Presented in Musco Center for the Arts