In the fall trimester, the Rinker campus joined the Cerebral Palsy Alliance Research Foundation (CPARF) in their STEPtember wellness and fundraising challenge. Cerebral palsy (CP) is the most common childhood-onset physical disability in the world, yet it is one of the most underfunded. CPARF aims to change this by raising funds to support life-changing medical research including chronic pain treatment alternatives, thought-to-speech communication, and regenerative medicine.

With the combined efforts of students and faculty across all health science departments, over $6000 was raised and 18 million steps were taken. The university was also the recipient of the 2019 Top of Industry: Nonprofit, Government, & Education Award.

During STEPtember, the Rinker campus was fortunate to have guest speaker Jocelyn Cohen, CPARF’s Director of Communications, visit from New York. “I was thrilled to share my story with the students and help them understand what it’s like for me to have CP. My team and I are grateful for Chapman’s efforts and enthusiasm as they raised life-changing funds for the 18 million people living with CP worldwide.”

March is CP awareness month so The Rinker campus is already planning to step up for next STEPtember challenge!

For more information or to donate, visit www.cparf.org.