PA Studies is proud to welcome Assistant Clinical Professor Nwankaego Nwandei to their faculty.  A first-generation Nigerian-American and Los Angeles native, Professor Nwandei graduated from the prestigious USC Keck School of Medicine Primary Care PA Program.  She has five years of experience as a Physician Assistant specializing in psychiatry and dermatology. Her work in outpatient psychiatry focused on the treatment of mood, personality, impulse-control, and sleep disorders through pharmacologic interventions and psychotherapy.

Professor Nwandei coupled her passion for mental health with that of cosmetic dermatology highlighting the relationship between the outer self (physical health and appearance) and inner self (mental health). She prides herself on creating supportive and professional environments that value respect and are inclusive of patients from different backgrounds and cultures.  When asked how she feels about her new role here at Chapman’s PA Studies program, she had this to say:

“I feel honored to be part of such an innovative and supportive program, that has welcomed me with open arms and encouraged me to incorporate my passions, values and perspectives to further strengthen the program’s impact on its students and reach to prospective students. What I bring to this opportunity is an eagerness to enhance my teaching skills by learning from the faculty and students. Over the next few months my time will be dedicated to learning more about Chapman University to better understand ways in which I can provide a professional learning environment that is engaging , inclusive and encourages compassion and expansion of thought.”

PA Studies professor and chair, Mike Burney could not be more pleased to welcome Professor Nwandei to the team. “Kaego’s passion for teamwork, teaching and mentoring future PA’s will further strengthen our faculty and students here at Chapman.” Professor Nwandei looks forward to sharing her healthcare experience and knowledge with future generations of Physician Assistants and she is excited to be a part of the Chapman Family.

Professor Nwandei has a passion for travel, “which exposes me to different cultures and broadens my perspectives.” In her free time, she enjoys playing tennis, cycling, cooking, and hiking with her Shih Tzus.

Welcome aboard, Professor Nwandei!