Crean College Dean Janeen Hill has been named on Irvine Mayor Farrah N. Khan’s recently launched Innovation Council, which will be focusing on ways to attract, retain and support innovation and technology businesses. The goal of the council is to attract and support growth-based technology with a focus on innovation at local schools.
“I am thrilled to partner with the City of Irvine’s Innovation Council. At Crean College we will continue to develop diverse healthcare professionals who will be the future of the healthcare community within the Irvine. Looking forward we plan to expand into new areas of research and programs that will compliment Irvine’s emerging reputation as a hub for innovation and discovery,” said Hill.
In addition to Dean Hill’s expertise, other representatives in the government, education, and local business sectors will round out the council including:
- CerraCap Ventures: Saurabh Ranjan, Founder and CEO; Abhi Mukherjee, Operating Partner; and Sylvia Kim, Venture Partner
- Chapman University: Dr. Janeen Hill, Dean, Crean College of Health & Behavioral Sciences
- Edwards Lifesciences: Michael A. Mussallem, Chairman and CEO; Heather Rouhana, Government Affairs
- FivePoint: Emile Haddad, Founder and Chairman Emeritus eff. 10/1/21; Lynn Jochim, President and Chief Operating Officer
- Google: Michael Jeter, Director
- Greater Irvine Chamber of Commerce: Bryan Starr, President and CEO
- Irvine Company: Jeffrey Davis, Vice President – Entitlement
- Irvine Valley College: Dr. John Hernandez, President
- KW Capital Partners: Irving Kau, Managing Partner
- Masimo: Joe Kiani, Founder, Chairman, and CEO
- Microsoft: Ali Mazaheri, MTC Director – Irvine
- OCTANe: Bill Carpou, CEO
- Orange County Business Council: Lucy Dunn, President and CEO
- Partake Collective: Adam Carillo, CEO
- Sunstone Management, Inc.: John Shen, Principal
- Sustain SoCal: C. Scott Kitcher, President and CEO
- UCI Beall Applied Innovation: Errol Arkilic, Executive Director and Chief Innovation Officer
- University of California, Irvine: Howard Gillman, Chancellor
Dean Hill has been instrumental in her work bringing the health sciences to life at Chapman. She has led the way with numerous initiatives throughout her time at the Rinker Health Science Campus which continues to have a positive impact on the university and the greater Orange County community, while supporting Chapman’s larger goal of fostering innovation in the health science and professional services field.