Equity Resources & COVID-19
March 26, 2020
Diversity officers across various higher education institutions have crowdsourced helpful equity resources in response to COVID-19. These include webinars, articles, and other resources (this blog post will be updated with resources as they become available). We hope that you find these resources useful in our communal pursuit to make remote learning, teaching, and working as inclusive and equitable as possible.
- AACU Webinar March 27th: Safeguarding Quality, Equity, and Inclusion as Learning Moves Online
- ACE Webinar April 2nd: DEI & COVID-19: Implications & Strategies for Institutional Response Description: Prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) during the shift to online learning and the implementation of crisis plans in response to COVID-19. Scheduled for 1:30pm EST
- OCR Short Webinar on Online Education and Website Accessibility
- NADOHE Webinar and Resources: COVID-19: DE&I Implications and Considerations”
- San Diego State University- Maintaining Equity and Inclusion in Virtual Learning Environments
- University of Maryland- Keep Teaching: During Prolonged Campus or Building Closures
- Rice University: Inclusion, Equity, and Access While Teaching Remotely
- The Chronicle of Higher Education (Collection): Coping With Coronavirus: How Faculty Members Can Support Students in Traumatic Times.
- Chapman University: Incorporating a Student Needs Assessment into Your Course (references to Rice University)
- University of California: Equity & Inclusion During COVID-19
- Dr. Damon Williams- The National Inclusive Excellence Lea
- The increasing significance of digital equity in higher education
- Seven Crucial Research Findings that can help people deal with COVID-19
- APA Calls for Destigmatizing Coronavirus
- Combating Bias and Stigma Related to COVID-19
- Moving Online Now: How to Keep Teaching During Coronavirus
- American Bar Association: How Will COVID-19 Effect Equity in Education?