Fowler School of Engineering Graduating Class of 2023!
You will not want to miss this year’s Chapman Commencement weekend! We’re excited to have all Chapman graduating students together on Wilson Field for the University Commencement Ceremony on Friday, May 19 from 7:00 – 8:15 p.m. and for the Dale E. and Sarah Ann Fowler School of Engineering Degree Ceremony on Saturday, May 20 from 11:30 a.m. – 12:20 p.m. These two ceremonies will honor our students’ achievements and celebrate the work they have done in their time at Chapman University and within Fowler Engineering.
Inaugural Fowler Engineering Senior Celebration
Thursday, May 18 from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Fowler Engineering holds its Senior Celebration to recognize graduating seniors. We hope you will join us!
Interfaith Baccalaureate Service Thursday, May 18 from 7 – 9:30 p.m.
Ray and Pauline Wallace All Faiths Chapel with Val Chmerkovskiy and guest singer Antonique Smith.
- This year’s keynote speaker will be Val Chmerkovskiy. While many know Chmerkovskiy for being a two-time champion of Dancing with the Stars, he is also the co-founder of the Humanitarian Aid Fund, Baranova27, which sends relief and supplies to the people of Ukraine. Chmerkovskiy is also an author of the National Bestseller “I’ll Never Change My Name.” The Interfaith Baccalaureate Service features a deeply inspirational message for all graduates, whether secular, spiritual or religious, honoring each graduate’s search for meaning.
- In addition to the guest speaker, we have added a guest singer. Her name is Antonique Smith. She is an actress, singer and environmental activist.
- Graduating students must reserve their tickets. Please RSVP at https://tickets.chapman.edu/online/article/baccalaureate-23, to ensure that you have a seat. Seating for guests (not grads) will only be available on a first come-first served basis.
University Commencement Ceremony
Friday, May 19 from 7:00 – 8:15 p.m.
Wilson Field with Keynote speaker Angela Bassett
- Celebrate with the entire Chapman & Fowler Engineering graduating class
- Graduates should arrive in their caps and gowns no later than 6:30 p.m.
- Please report to the McCardle Gate at the northwest entrance to Wilson Field.
- Turning of the tassels as President Struppa officially confers degrees
- Award-winning actress Angela Bassett will be Chapman’s keynote speaker this year. Best known for her work in film and television since the late 1980s, Bassett will also receive an honorary doctorate in the arts at the ceremony.
- Celebratory toast with President Struppa!
- We strongly encourage all graduating students to attend the University Commencement Ceremony.
- Guest tickets will be required for this ceremony. Students can reserve up to 6 guest tickets through AudienceView.
Fowler School of Engineering Degree Ceremony
Saturday, May 20 from 11:30 a.m – 12:20 p.m.
Please join us as we celebrate the Fowler School of Engineering’s Class of 2023!
The Degree Ceremony celebrates the graduates and their hard work throughout their educational career. Once the ceremony has concluded, we invite the graduates and their families to attend a reception following the ceremony. The reception will be held in Swenson Hall immediately following the ceremony and light refreshments will be served. Fowler Engineering faculty and staff will be present to congratulate you, take photos and mingle with your families before you head off to your family/friend celebrations.
Guests: There is no limit to the number of guests a graduate may invite to this ceremony and we encourage our graduates to invite as many guests as they would like to celebrate this achievement. Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis. Entry gates to Wilson Field open 30 minutes prior to the start of each ceremony.
Please purchase in person at the gift shop in Argyros Forum . Remember, Fowler Engineering is providing your stole if you have completed the Senior Survey. .
Questions Regarding Commencement Ceremonies
Contact the Special Events team at 714-997-6740 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How many people can I bring to the Fowler Engineering Commencement Ceremony?
There is no limit to the number of guests a graduate may invite and we encourage our graduates to invite as many guests as they would like to celebrate this achievement.
Seating is on a first come, first served basis. Entry gates to Wilson Field open 30 minutes prior to the start of each ceremony.
Parking will be free in all designated parking structures and lots. Please allow yourself ample time to park your vehicle and walk to your ceremony site.
Additionally, allow yourself plenty of time to navigate out of parking areas following the ceremony when you are considering making dining reservations.
Please note that there is no parking located at One University Drive, Orange CA. Please use the flagged parking structures in the interactive campus map linked above.
For more information regarding the event, please visit the main event website here!
- Continue monitoring your Chapman email and the Senior Slack channel for additional updates about commencement.
- Keep in touch with the Office of Alumni Engagement for resources available to Chapman graduates.
Be sure to Update Your Contact Information by giving us a non-Chapman email address to reach you so we can continue to invite you to alumni events and stay connected.