With shared commitment to uphold the strength of the Spiritual Pillar and the Chapman spirit, The Fish Interfaith Center is pleased to launch CHAPMAN HOPE—a new platform of online resources and virtual services to provide spiritual grounding, calm, care, and compassion during the COVID-19 crisis.
We offer these resources as we adjust to the challenges of physical distancing, living with family, coping with grief, staying connected, processing our emotions, and remaining centered during these uncertain and unprecedented times.
The Fish Interfaith Center has assembled an array of programs that includes weekly online meditations, webinars on mental health and wellness, virtual faith services, tele-counseling, a robust blog, daily inspirations on social media, and more.
Current Resources for the Chapman Community – see CHAPMAN HOPE for details
- Dr. Gail Stearns, Dean, Wallace All Faiths Chapel– Weekly “Mindfulness for Calm.” Open to all. Tue. 12-12:45pm PST (recordings available).
- Dr. Jay Kumar, Director of Contemplative Practices & Wellbeing – Weekly “Healthy Brain, Healthy Mind.” Open to all. Thu. 3-4pm PST (recordings available).
- Dr. Kumar/Dr. Stearns – Private Group Meditation Sessions for all Chapman groups, departments, or staff on mindfulness and tools to stay calm, centered, and connected.
- Rev. Nancy Brink, Director of Church Relations – Weekly“Prayer Gathering in the Time of COVID.” Open to all. Fri. 10:30-45am PST (recordings available).
- Rev. Cisa Payuyo, Associate Director of Church Relations – Weekly “Chat with a Chaplain” about any concerns you may have. Open to all. Mon./Wed. 1-3pm PST.
- Individual sessions for grief counseling, or any concerns you may have.
- Rabbi Corie Yutkin, Shaykh Jibreel Speight – Support from the Rabbi or Shaykh.
- Wellness Webinars (Coming Soon)
- Interfaith Spiritual and Religious Student Group worship and gatherings
Follow our Fish Blog for regular blogs by the Fish Interfaith Center staff. Please reach out to the Fish Interfaith Center and avail yourself to the valuable resources at CHAPMAN HOPE. As our Chapman community collectively adjusts to this new normal together, the Fish Interfaith Center is here for you—always.
Learn more at www.chapman.edu/fic or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with us on social media:
Hashtags #ChapmanHope #ChapmanCalm