Jaryn Saritzky (3L)

This past weekend, Chapman’s Fowler School of Law competed in the Thomas Tang Moot Court Competition in Kansas City, Missouri. Dallis Pflueger-Cavallaro (J.D. ’14) and Jaryn Saritzky (J.D. ’14) reached the quarterfinal round after finishing in third place in the preliminaries, but lost in a very close quarterfinal with UC Hastings.

Saritzky became the first student in Fowler School of Law history to win the Best Advocate award at the national level.

“The most important lesson I have learned while being on Moot Court is that people are most successful when they are themselves. I think that Dallis’s and my personal styles complement each other really well, and we both try our best to be passionate and unwavering. The tasty BBQ we had probably helped too,” Saritzky said.

Chapman’s Fowler School of law also sent two teams to Southwestern School of Law last weekend for a regional round of the National Moot Court Competition. The two teams were Katherine Currie-Diamond, (J.D. ’14), Kaitlin Peterson (J.D. ’15), and Arthur Arutyunyants (J.D. ’15), and Sara Zimmerman (J.D. ’14), Lisa Poladian (J.D. ‘15), and Taylor Tondevold (J.D. ’15).

computer
“My experience is one that cannot be matched by another activity I have done in law school. Moot Court allows for me to do what I came to law school to do, which is to be an advocate,” Currie-Diamond said.

Zimmerman, Poladian, and Tondevold advanced to the quarterfinal round in third place, where they lost in a very close argument against the team from UCLA.

“The teams are successful because other people are willing to make them great, which was no less true for this competition,” Currie-Diamond said. “Lastly, it is the support of the other students that help propel the teams forward.”

Congratulations to all of the teams that competed last weekend.