national-entertainment-law-comp

William “Billy” Zakis (JD ’15) and Jade McKenzie (JD ’16)

On October 11-12, 2014, Chapman University Dale E. Fowler School of Law sent two teams to the 5th Annual National Entertainment Law Negotiation Competition at Southwestern Law School in Los Angeles, California. The teams included Kristen Michelle Rivers (JD ’16), Joycelin Roh (JD ’16), William “Billy” Zakis (JD ’15) and Jade McKenzie (JD ’16). Billy and Jade negotiated expertly through to the final round and finished first place in the competition.

Congratulations to both teams!

“Participating in the competition was one of the most challenging and rewarding experiences I have had during law school. Billy and I were fortunate enough to compete against extremely talented students, and I think it was the high level of intensity and motivation during our rounds that allowed us to come out on top.” – Jade McKenzie (JD ’16)

“Getting to work with Professor Schultz, Professor Dowling and the talented students who are part of the Alternative Dispute Resolution competition team has been the highlight of my time at Chapman’s Fowler School of Law. I’m grateful to have had the opportunity and I am glad I was able to bring a win home from my very last competition.” – William “Billy” Zakis (JD ’15)

Learn more about the Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Board at Fowler School of Law. The ADR Board consists of students who have participated in Client Counseling or Negotiation competitions.