Awards and Recognitions
- Dr. Ajay Sharma was appointed as Associate Editor for the journal “Ocular Surface” the official journal of the Tear Film and Ocular Surface Society. It is one of the top-ranked journals in ophthalmology with a CiteScore of 10.8 and an impact factor of 6.4.
- Dr. Neeloufar Fakourfar will serve as President-Elect for Orange County Society of Health-System Pharmacists (OCSHP) in 2024.
- Drs. Keykavous Parang and Hamid Montazri Aliabadi, alongside graduate students Abdulelah Alhazza, Arthur Manda, and Sandeep Lohan, created “Modifying peptide/lipid-associated nucleic acids (PLANAs) for CRISPR/Cas9 ribonucleoprotein delivery” in European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Dr. Mary Gutierrez and Dr. Jerika Lam collaborated with other members of the California Pharmacist Study Team on “Pharmacist-initiated naloxone and syringe furnishing in California” for California HIV/AIDS Policy Research Centers.
- Dr. Miao Zhang, Dr. Young Woo Nam, and PharmD candidates Liz Lau and Noble Chea created “Oxidative stress and ion channels in neurodegenerative diseases” in Frontiers Physiology.
- Dr. Sherry Wang, Dr. Marc Fleming, and Dr. Richard Beuttler collaborated with others on “Real-World Dispensing of Buprenorphine in California during Prepandemic and Pandemic Periods” in Healthcare 12.
- Dr. Mary Gutierrez presented “Updates on Psychiatric Medications” to The Joint Commission at Department of Field Staff Education and Development for a continuing education presentation on January 11th, 2024.
- Dr. Sherry Wang discussed “AI Down to Earth: Healthcare AI Applications” at the Chapman Town Hall on AI on October 27th, 2023.