For 20 years the John Fowles Center for Creative Writing has invited to Chapman amazing national and international writers as: Salman Rushdie, Elizabeth George, Lawrence Ferlinghetti and Gioconda Belli (to name a few). This year, please join us as we continue that tradition with Karen Yamashita, Giuseppe Conte, Claudio Magris, Charles Bernstein, Luisa Valenzuela and Mario Vargas Llosa throughout the Spring 2017 semester.
The John Fowles Center for Creative Writing serves to promote and advance the discipline of creative writing in all its aspects: fiction, poetry, drama, creative non-fiction and film.
The Center offers students and non-students alike an opportunity to gain a greater appreciation for the “written word” and those who write it. Each year a distinguished group of national and international writers is invited to Chapman University, making these writers available not only to the Chapman community, but to the Orange County and, by extension, the Southern California community as well.
SPRING 2017 SPEAKER DATES AND LOCATION:
- Feb. 13, 2017 – Karen Yamashita (Location: Beckman 404)
- Mar. 13, 2017 – Giuseppe Conte (Location: Beckman 404)
- Apr. 24, 2017 – Claudio Magris (Location: Beckman 404)
- May 1, 2017 – Charles Bernstein (Location: Beckman 404)
- May 8, 2017 – Luisa Valenzuela (Location: Beckman 404)
- May 18, 2017- Mario Vargas Llosa (Location: Memorial Hall, 7 p.m.)
The events begin at 5 p.m. and are free and open to the public.