New Zoom Apps available on June 7, 2022 Zoom App Marketplace
June 6, 2022
On June 7, 2022, Zoom will enable certain Zoom Apps developed by Zoom:
- The Timer app features a sleek countdown animation and a water-like alarm when the time is up.
- Perfect for keeping meetings on track, time-based tasks, and even on-Zoom group meditation.
- The Timer app can help you focus on your time management skills, reduce the cognitive load of running workshops, and ensure your team-building activities don’t run too long.
- Start the timer with some of our ready-made time lengths: 5 min, 10 min, 15 min, 20 min, 25 min, and 30 min.
- Customize the timer with your own custom length up to 100 minutes.
- Visualize the current time in the middle of the screen as the timer is counting down.
- The timer app can be started from within a Zoom meeting and from the Zoom Apps Tab in the Zoom Client.
Learn more about the Meeting Timer.
The Virtual Backgrounds app for Zoom allows you to select your favorite virtual background from over 2 million high-resolution images. These are curated by the world’s best community of photographers from Unsplash.
You can set virtual background images from browsing popular categories like arts and nature. These images are constantly refreshed and sorted by relevance. Additionally, you can find a specific image you have in mind by using the search bar within the app. This will search against the Unsplash library and return the images that best match the search result. Finally, at any time you can remove your background or change it to a blurred background from the app.
With a few clicks, you can now add the perfect virtual background for a meeting!
Learn more about Virtual Backgrounds
Perfect for helping your team have the right backgrounds for the right meetings, the Shared Backgrounds app takes away the pain of sending backgrounds around to your organization and explaining to your co-workers how to add custom virtual backgrounds.
Simply upload backgrounds your team needs for sales demos, customer calls, events, or for hiding their messy room every day and within one click you can all have the same coordinated background for the meeting.
Shared Backgrounds can be used both in a meeting, in case you need to get a background last minute, or out of a meeting where your team can browse backgrounds they can use on a regular basis.
Learn more about Shared Backgrounds
Have questions about Zoom? Feel free to reach out to Educational Technology Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Chapman Service Desk at email@example.com.