Name: Zach Remotto

Position: Sales Training & Recruiting Manager

Company: E&J Gallo Winery

What differentiates Gallo Winery from competitors in the market?

There is much to choose from in why Gallo is the best in the business. We have a vast portfolio spanning so many different market segments (High Noon to New Amsterdam Vodka to Barefoot Family Wine), and our company culture is a fun, fast-paced work environment with many young professionals that want to grow within our organization. Our Sales Training Program is a great call out to why we are at the forefront of the industry. Our training program is well-respected in the Alcohol Beverage Industry and among all sales organizations setting up young professionals to reach their full potential.

What excites you about your company/industry?

E&J Gallo Winery excites me because they constantly challenge me, allowing me to grow professionally and personally. I have moved a few times and held five roles in five years. This allows me to experience new roles in different markets and better equip my sales “toolbelt” to be successful in my future roles, as I want to be a Sales Director one day. What also excites me is that we are growing SO FAST! We are developing new brands and acquiring new brands that keep our company growing in the right direction. From new brands to new positions, there is always something new to learn about in our organization.

What advice do you have for students on how to stand out in the application process?

Be yourself! Companies are looking for unique people all the time. I challenge you to find your “Degree of Separation” that showcases what value you can bring to a company that other candidates cannot. Also, research a company to ask intentional questions about the role or the organization. That is an easy way to stand out and make an impression showing you have done your homework and are very interested in the role.

What kind of people seem to be successful at your company?

People that tend to be successful in our organization tend to have the right soft skills. Creative problem-solving matters because no day ever goes according to plan; being able to adapt is important. Teamwork is important since collaboration is a core company value and something we practice daily at all levels of the organization. People with humility are successful because sales can humble you very quickly. Coachability matters because at Gallo we are constantly giving and receiving feedback and implementing it where applicable. Competitiveness is important because we hire people that want to be the best version of themselves and are driven to attempt to attain that. And finally, we look for leadership experience because I am hiring the future leaders of our organization.