Meet Elizabeth Hall, a Business Administration major with an emphasis in Marketing and two minors – one in Public Relations and one in Political Science from Redwood Shores, California. Elizabeth decided to come to Chapman University because she liked how hands-on the programs at the Argyros School were. She was looking for a business school where she could explore all facets of business, from operations, marketing, and finance, to analytics, accounting, and management. Elizabeth has been able to take classes in all of these fields and interact closely with her professors.

Impactful Experiences

One of Elizabeth’s most impactful experiences at Chapman has been being part of her sorority, Kappa Alpha Theta. By joining Greek life Elizabeth has made some amazing friendships, expanded her leadership abilities, and gave back to the community. “I loved connecting with women who shared my values and building a community on campus,” she says. In her sorority, Elizabeth served as Alumni Engagement Director & on the Membership Development Committee.

Additionally, Hall was a member of Chapman’s NSAC team for three years where her team placed in the top eight of 120 teams in 2021-2022. A favorite memory of hers was going to Nashville, Tennessee for NSAC nationals where she and her team got to meet & learn from some of the best in the advertising industry. She served as Account Director and oversaw a team of over 30 of her peers in four different departments.

Studying abroad was also a part of Elizabeth’s journey at Chapman. Over Interterm 2023 Elizabeth went to Florence, Italy where she studied the Marketing of Italian Wines. “I loved my time abroad and getting to immerse myself into the Italian food, drink, and culture,” said Elizabeth.

Favorite Classes & Professors

Elizabeth’s favorite class at Chapman was her business capstone class with Dr. Candace Ybarra. “While the class was challenging, it encapsulated everything I had learned throughout my business degree. Case studies, lectures, and a large group project immersed me in the material and enabled me to use to the knowledge I had gained over the past four years.”

She has also taken two classes with Pete Evanow including Sports & Entertainment Marketing. As someone who aspires to go into sports marketing, “Pete Evanow has provided valuable insights on how to get into the industry. We also have had some incredible guest speakers such as the Chief Marketing Officer of LA 2028 Olympics,” says Hall.

Post-Grad Plans

After graduation, Miss Hall is planning on traveling to Europe for the month of June with some friends and family. When she returns, she will be seeking a job in marketing or advertising. 

Elizabeth’s words of advice: “I would tell an incoming freshman to get involved, and take classes & join clubs that interest them. College is an incredible time to explore your passions and find one’s true interests.”

Congratulations, Elizabeth, and to all of Argyros Class of 2023 seniors. We are looking forward to seeing you flourish in your next adventure!