On October 12, 2022, the Office of Career and Professional Development and the Office of Diversity and Inclusion co-hosted an in-person DEI networking event called Inclusive Employer Night. With 15 employers and 72 students in attendance, the third floor patio of Argyros Forum was packed — with people and the crucial conversations and connections that were made.
The purpose of this event was to present a solid opportunity for individuals who identify as LatinX, Black, People of Color (POC), Asian Pacific Islander Desi American (APIDA), women, LGBTQIA+, First Generation, veterans, and other diverse identities to connect with representatives from organizations that have quality DEI programs and clear commitments to diverse hiring and staff retention/support practices.
Notable Figures in Chapman’s DEI Community
This was a new initiative from the Office of Career and Professional Development’s Assistant Vice President, Jennifer Kim. With the support of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion, notable figures in Chapman’s DEI community also took part in launching the successful Inclusive Employer Night:
- Reginald Stewart, Ph.D., Vice President of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Gabriela Castaneda, Ed.D., Director for LatinX Achievement
- Misty Levingston, M.A., PPS, Director for Black Excellence and Achievement
- Araceli Martinez, M.A., Executive Director of the Cross Cultural Center and First Generation Programs
Observations and Takeaways
Hear from Andrea Straccia, Director of the Office of Career and Professional Development, on why this was such a significant event for our campus community.
Check out the employer representatives the students connected on DEI topics, developed career connections, and learned about potential professional opportunities:
- AAA Automobile Club of Southern California
- Bank of America
- CVS Health
- E. & J. Gallo Winery
- Enterprise Holdings
- EY LLP
- Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies
- KPMG LLP
- PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Roku, Inc.
More DEI Resources
Find and read more DEI resources and initiatives:
- New Director of Black Excellence and Achievement aims to strengthen a community for Black students | The Panther
- New CCC director vows to provide more opportunities for first-generation and underrepresented students | The Panther
- General Diversity Resources | Handshake
- Indigenous Peoples Career Resources | Handshake
- International Student Resources | Handshake
- Students with Disabilities Career Resources | Handshake