maisie-chan-photo-2

Theatre alumna Maisie Chan (’12) has landed an internship at Disney World in Orlando, FL.  She says “life at Disney World is very humid, but I’m really enjoying it. I’m really liking everyone who works here and the internship. They have given me the job of being the main Production Assistant for Epcot’s Food & Wine Festival and Epcot’s New Years Eve Party. I’m also helping on smaller projects such as Night of Joy (a huge Christian singing choir show at Magic Kingdom) and a secret project with Imagineering. I’m helping with pre-production stuff such as taking meeting notes, but next month I’ll be super busy. It’s funny, because I’m doing Food & Wine, there is this event that takes place only on Saturdays called “Party for the Senses” and Cirque du Soleil performs 3 acts. To get a feel of what the acts will be, my Production Manager and Show Director took me to see
La Nouba
! It was amazing. And apparently I’ll be working as a backstage Stage Manager for Party for the Senses and making sure all the Cirque performers get on stage. I guess I was able to incorporate Disney and a bit of Cirque here!  I’ve sent a pic of my Disney nametag. It says ‘Chapman University’ derneath my name and everyone in the department asks me about Chapman.”