Headshot of Emma WaldronHello CoPA students and alumni! I am thrilled to be joining Chapman University’s College of Performing Arts as your new in-house Career Advisor. In addition to the campus-wide career services that Chapman has always offered, the University has launched a new initiative to equip every school with its own in-house Career Advisor. As your dedicated CoPA Career Advisor, I have specialized knowledge of what it takes to pursue creative careers in music, theatre and dance.

I bring to this role a professional background in student affairs and theatre administration. I recently completed my PhD in Performance Studies at UC Davis and prior to that worked as an academic advisor for first-year students at Rutgers University. I have also worked at the Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey in the education and artistic departments.

I look forward to collaborating with Career and Professional Development, CoPA faculty and staff to develop career programming and opportunities to complement the world-class artistic training CoPA provides and help you cultivate an entrepreneurial skill set for building a successful and sustainable career in the performing arts.

How I can help you:

I am now available to students and alumni for scheduled one-on-one advising appointments. I am here to provide you program-specific career insight on:

• Performing arts career exploration and planning
  • Internship and job search strategies
  • Resume, cover letter, and bio tailoring
  • Personal website and social media review
  • Interview preparation and practice
  • Grad school application materials
  • Helping performers “translate” their unique skills and strengths for applying to non-performance opportunities

In addition to one-on-one advising, I am also available to Chapman groups (including faculty classes and student organizations) to facilitate short presentations or longer workshops on a variety of career development topics.

How to contact me:

Students can schedule appointments through Chapman’s career portal, Handshake. Just log on with your Chapman credentials and be sure to select “Program-Specific Guidance” when requesting an appointment.

Alumni, faculty, and staff can email me directly at ewaldron@chapman.edu.

I look forward to meeting you!

-Emma