Skip to main content
Career Corner for the week of Sept. 24 Deadlines, workshops, and paid opportunities
September 24, 2018
- Fall 2018 internship academic registration deadline – The deadline to register your spring 2018 internship for academic credit is this Friday, September 28. Learn more and register. You can also watch a helpful video guide to learn how to register your internship on Chapman’s internship portal.
- Career Drop-In Hours – Stop by the Office of Career and Professional Development for 15- minutes of career assistance, no appointment necessary Monday and Thursday 2-4, plus Tuesday and Wednesday 10-12
- International Students – Your Certified Career Program starts today! Tailored to international students, Chapman’s International Certified Career Student Program (informally known as ‘Passport’) is a career prep program JUST for you. Getting a job in the US can feel very different than in other countries. Expectations vary from culture to culture, and it can be hard to know how to set yourself up for success. Together, we will tackle those tough questions about cultural differences in job applications and workplaces. The 6 sessions will be held Mondays from beginning today 4-5:30 in BK401. Students that complete the program become Certified Career Students. RSVP and learn more.
- What Employers are Looking For | Certified Career Series | tomorrow, Tuesday, September 25, 5:30 – 6:45 pm, BK404 – CEO Rod McDermott of the West’s premier executive search firm – McDermott & Bull – will be walking us through those preeminent qualities that organizations consistently look for in candidates , as well as ways that you can build and demonstrate those critical strengths, with the ultimate goal of helping you stand out as a top applicant within the ‘sea’ of resumes and flurry of interviews. RSVP, learn more and read Rod’s bio.
- Navigating the Workplace | Certified Career Series | next Tuesday, October 2, 5:30 – 6:45 pm, BK404 | Alumni leader, entrepreneur and Amare Global’s Chief Marketing Officer Mike Brown ’06 will share his lessons on interpersonal skills, collaborating with a variety of personalities, leadership styles and how to develop strategic, authentic and beneficial relationships in your professional life. RSVP, learn more, and read Mike’s bio.
- How’d you get there? Early Manager Panel | Certified Career Series | next Wednesday, October 3, 7 pm – 8:15 pm, BK404 | Featuring a panel of young alumni that have successfully navigated the early stages of career growth and employment, this event will give you personal insight into the lives of these young professionals and allow you to learn from their mistakes and successes alike. Bring your questions! Let’s figure out how they got there. RSVP
- Lunch & Learn Career Workshops – You bring a laptop, we’ll bring the pizza (and career tips!)
- LinkedIn | next Tuesday, October 2, 11:30 am – 12:45 | RSVP
- Resume | next Wednesday, October 3, 11:30 am – 12:45| RSVP
- Dodge Internships, Jobs 💰 Paid 💼 Full-time opportunity
- 💰 Videographer, Part-Time – Undercover Prodigy