Tell us a bit about yourself….
I came to Chapman as a Violin Performance major but quickly learned that I wanted another element to my educational experience, so I applied to the PRA program freshman year and was admitted! Though I am in the film school, my background is rooted in music as I have been learning and performing the violin and viola for 15 years now! Outside of being a string player, I am also a singer-songwriter and prior to COVID-19, I played multiple shows in the Los Angeles and Orange County areas. 

What made you choose Dodge?
I chose Dodge College for a variety of reasons. As a student in the College of Performing Arts, I felt as though I needed an education in the business of the entertainment industry. Additionally, I had a variety of musical interests and wanted the space and support to explore beyond the realm of classical music. Having a strong interest in both film and short-form content, but never a technical understanding of a how a production works, I knew Dodge would be the best environment to learn as much as possible. Additionally, I hoped to use my music performance and production skills to work on films in whatever way possible!

Cool projects you worked on?
In my time at Chapman, I have interned for producer and DJ Mark Ronson at Sony Music where I was able to assist artists such as Lykke Li and Anderson Paak. Additionally this past summer, I was a public relations intern for both Art of Development and Eternal Fleur. I currently work both for the Chapman Public Relations department, and Dodge’s social media team. Film-wise, I was a production assistant on the documentary; “How To Be: Mark Ronson,” Tyla Yaweh’s new music video, “All the Smoke,” and one of the music composers on a graduate thesis titled, “Aurora.” In terms of performance, I have played multiple shows at The Mint LA, and The Mansion Costa Mesa, and am a part of the collective: RAW Artists. I have also written, recorded, and released multiple songs with the now-graduated, Chapman music duo Meridian.

Favorite class at Dodge?
My favorite class at Dodge was Agents & Managers, taught by Joe Rosenberg. It was an incredibly informative and eye-opening class on the side of the industry that is less talked about within art school. Taught by a former CAA agent, each class was relevant either in lesson plan or in guest speakers who were often current writers, directors, and agents. I loved our end of the year semester project which was to pitch an artist to an agency to which my group chose the incredible FKA Twigs and it was a blast!