Announced on June 27, 2019
Special Issue Title: The Future of Inclusive Education: International Trends Promoting Access and Equity for All
This special issue of International Electronic Journal of Elementary Education (IEJEE) addresses the future of inclusive education for disabled people/people with disabilities. The special issue brings together scholars, practitioners, and advocates/self-advocates in fields such as special education, policy, disability studies, and teacher education. The article topics focus on the international trends and necessary steps in scholarship and practice that will continue the movement toward equity and access for all children as they transition through their schooling and prepare to lead quality adult lives. Contributors address matters associated with research, practice, theory, and policy essential to continuing promoting and supporting inclusive education across the globe.
Specific topics may include the following:
- Examples of innovative practices inclusive education
- Pragmatic approaches to inclusive schooling
- International trends in policy that directly impact access to inclusive schooling
- Teacher education/professional development practices and administrator education/professional development practices across the globe that support inclusive schooling
- Focus on inclusion of students with disabilities with extensive support needs
Dr. Audri Sandoval Gomez, Dr. Meghan Cosier, and Dr. Don Cardinal
Thompson Policy Institute on Disability
Attallah College of Educational Studies
- 250 word abstracts are due by July 15, 2019.
- Notification to authors regarding invitation to submit full manuscript by July 26, 2019.
- Complete manuscripts due for review by September 15, 2019.
Abstracts should include a) author name(s), affiliation(s), and contact information; b) article title; and c) a 250 word description of the proposed article.
Please submit abstracts to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 15, 2019 with “IEJEE Special Issue” in the subject line. Please submit as either a Word or PDF file.
Complete submission guidelines will be included in the invitation to submit full manuscripts. Authors will be notified by July 26, 2019.