Join Huell as he travels to the western-most point in California in search of the Cape Mendocino Lighthouse which was activated in 1868 and finally abandoned in the 1970’s. After over 20 years of neglect a group of locals banded together to move the light house to Shelter Cove and restore the lighthouse to its former glory. Huell also stops at the entrance to the Humboldt County Fairgrounds where a full-sized replica of the lighthouse actually houses the original fresnel lens.
Schools & Colleges
- Argyros School of Business and Economics
- College of Educational Studies
- College of Performing Arts
- Dodge College of Film and Media Arts
- Schmid College of Science and Technology
- School of Law
- Wilkinson College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Press Room
- Chapman Magazine
- One University (Student Life)
- View All Blogs
- Alaska Week (1)
- Behind the Scenes (6)
- California Missions (10)
- California's Communities (15)
- California's Gold (362)
- California's Golden Coast (9)
- California's Golden Fairs (11)
- California's Golden Parks (68)
- California's Green (38)
- California's Water (28)
- Downtown (13)
- Memorial (7)
- News (8)
- Our Neighborhoods (4)
- Palm Springs Week (26)
- Road Trip (56)
- Specials (15)
- The Bench (12)
- Uncategorized (1)
Browse by Date
Welcome to the Huell Howser California’s Gold Archive, a special collection of Huell Howser’s entire California’s Gold television series, presented by Chapman University.
Have fun and howdy!
How to Use the Archives
Search for favorite episodes by entering key words in the search box. You can also look at episodes by series topic, such as Missions, Palm Springs or Water. Or, you can search by date of the episodes.
New Episode Guide
Follow Us on Facebook!
One University Drive, Orange, CA 92866 | (714) 997-6815
© 2016 Chapman University