Andrew Harman, Archivist
John Carlo Encarnacion, Archives Technician
Please note: Chapman University and the Huell Howser Archives DO NOT produce, sell, or distribute physical and digital copies of the Huell Howser Video Archives. To view an episode, please visit the online video archives.
Plan Your Visit
Contact us for details for visiting the exhibit or conducting research in the archives. Exhibit and research visits are available by appointment only and must be scheduled at least a week in advance prior to requested day. Schedule your appointments with staff via the Archives Phone or Archives Email. The exhibit space is small; about the size of one classroom. Due to the small size of the exhibit, we schedule the duration of an exhibit visit at a maximum of one and a half hours (90 minutes). Research visits can be any duration during our operational hours.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Archives Phone: (714) 532-7780
Archives Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
For visitors to the exhibit and archives:
- Masks are no longer required to enter the exhibit, but are recommended. Those who are personally at high-risk, or in contact with high-risk individuals, or who are more comfortable wearing a mask should continue to do so.
- Total number of visitors inside the exhibit and archives must not exceed 10 people at any given time. For groups larger than 10 people, smaller groups of 10 or less people will be rotated in and out of the exhibit and archives. Groups waiting for their turn may visit the other public areas of the library or campus until it is their tour time.
Please visit CU Safely Back to stay up-to-date with Chapman University’s most current COVID-19 guidelines.
Exhibit and Archives Parking
For important information on parking, please visit Chapman University’s Visitor Parking. The following are campus parking locations. with varying availability throughout the day:
- Anderson Parking Structure (previously Lastinger Parking Structure) – 300 E. Walnut Avenue — Limited Availability All Day
- Barrera Parking Structure – 200 W. Sycamore Avenue — Limited Availability All Day
- Cypress Lot – 400 N. Cypress — Available All Day
- Marion Knott Studios Lot – 283 N. Cypress Street — Available All Day
The Event Parking Map indicates parking locations in reference to the main campus grounds. The California’s Gold Exhibit and Huell Howser Archives are located in the Leatherby Libraries, south of the Anderson Parking Structure (marked “AN”).
As for street parking, streets adjacent to the campus are reserved for Orange resident-only permit parking. Chapman University parking permits do not allow street parking privileges. The city permitted blocks are marked with red and white signs. Curb-side parking is only allowed if the curb borders a university-owned building and it is not street-sweeping day.
For further information, please call Parking Services at (714) 997-6560, (714) 997-6543, or email email@example.com. If it is after hours or the weekend, please contact Public Safety Dispatch for assistance at (714) 997-6763.