Andrew Harman, Archivist
John Carlo Encarnacion, Archives Technician
Please note: Chapman University and the Huell Howser Archives DO NOT produce, sell, or distribute physical and digital copies of the Huell Howser Video Archives. To view an episode, please visit the online video archives.
Plan Your Visit
Contact us for details for visiting the exhibit or conducting research in the archives. Exhibit and research visits are available by appointment only. Schedule your appointments with staff via the Archives Phone or Archives Email.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Archives Phone: (714) 532-7776
Archives Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
For visitors to the exhibit and archives:
- It is required to fill out the Visitor Daily Survey each day before coming to campus and receive a CLEAR message. All individuals in a group must individually complete the survey and receive a CLEAR message. Each person must have their CLEAR message (via text, email, or screenshot from their electronic device) ready to show to Chapman University security staff upon entrance into buildings.
- Entrance will not be allowed to any person that does not have a CLEAR message.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times while inside the exhibit and archives, covering both the mouth and nose.
- Total number of visitors inside the exhibit and archives must not exceed 10 people at any given time. For groups larger than 10 people, smaller groups of 10 or less people will be rotated in and out of the exhibit and archives. Groups waiting for their turn may visit other public parts of the library or campus until it is their tour time.
Visitors with questions or concerns about Chapman University’s COVID-19 response can contact Alisa Driscoll at firstname.lastname@example.org or (714) 289-2098.
Please visit CU Safely Back to stay up-to-date with Chapman University’s most current COVID-19 guidelines.
Exhibit and Archives Parking
For important information on parking, please visit Chapman University’s Visitor Parking. The following are campus parking locations. with varying availability throughout the day:
- Lastinger Structure – 300 E. Walnut Avenue — Limited Availability All Day
- Barrera Structure – 200 W. Sycamore Avenue — Limited Availability All Day
- Cypress Lot – 400 N. Cypress — Available All Day
- Marion Knott Studios Lot – 283 N. Cypress Street — Available All Day
The Event Parking Map indicates parking locations in reference to the main campus grounds. The California’s Gold Exhibit and Huell Howser Archives are located in the Leatherby Libraries, south of the Lastinger Structure (marked “LA”).
As for street parking, streets adjacent to the campus are reserved for Orange resident-only permit parking. Chapman University parking permits do not allow street parking privileges. The city permitted blocks are marked with red and white signs. Curb-side parking is only allowed if the curb borders a university-owned building and it is not street-sweeping day.
For further information, please call Parking Services at (714) 997-6560, (714) 997-6543, or email email@example.com. If it is after hours or the weekend, please contact Public Safety Dispatch for assistance at (714) 997-6763.