Amanda Singer (JD ’13) wasted no time in forging her path after law school. Just two years since earning her JD from Chapman University Dale E. Fowler School of Law, where she participated in the Mediation Clinic run by Professor David Dowling, Singer has become a full-time mediator and co-owner of the San Diego Family Mediation Center.

“I knew I wanted to work in mediation and I knew that I wanted to focus on Alternative Dispute Resolution (‘ADR’), and so I did that,” she said in a recent interview on the ADR as a First Career Blog. “I think it’s really important to focus as early as you can and come out of law school … showing that you specialized, because that’s what people want to see.”

As part of the Fowler School of Law Mediation Clinic, Singer mediated cases in the Riverside Superior Court and helped found a Juvenile Mediation Program. After graduating she went on to work in mediation at The Divorce Help Clinic before joining the San Diego Family Mediation Center as co-owner.

Watch the full interview below.

Read more alumni stories.

Are you an alumni? Have you recently changed firms, been promoted, published or made partner and would like to be featured in our Alumni Highlights? Submit a class note!