Are you an alumnus? Have you recently changed firms, been promoted, published or made partner and would like to be featured in the next online edition of Alumni Highlights? Submit a class note!
- More than 60 Fowler School of Law alumni were named to the Super Lawyers magazine’s annual Rising Star list.
- Samuel Mirejovsky (’15) became partner of Bergener Mirejovsky (previously Bergener & Associates), which recently continued its scholarship gift for incoming 1L students.
- Samantha Jones (’15) travelled to Washington D.C. recently to sit in on Supreme Court oral arguments for a case she worked on as a law clerk at FEM Law Group.
- Blaise Vanderhorst’s (’14) article “Whither Lies the Self: Intersex and Transgender Individuals and A Proposal for Brain-Based Legal Sex” was published in the Harvard Law & Policy Review.
- Amanda Singer (’13) was interviewed on ADR as a First Career Blog about her experience diving into mediation practice directly out of law school.
- Brett Murdock (’11), a former Brea Mayor and council member, recently announced plans to run for Congress.
- In June, Lauren Hazarian (’10) and Lisa Mahlum (’11) played in the Los Angeles Lawyers Philharmonic and Legal Voices concert at the Walt Disney Concert Hall.
- Ian Gibson (’10) was recently appointed as Director of Law and Finance for the University of California, Irvine Extension.
Jake Vollebregt (’08) received an Emergent Young Leader Award from the Urban Land Institute Orange County/Inland Empire’s Young Leaders Group.
- Luigi Monteleone (’08), an Assistant Riverside District Attorney, was featured on the Microsoft Surface Blog regarding a series of MCLE training seminars and workshops on the use of technology in the courtroom he developed.
- Jeffrey J. Greenman (’06) received the Orange County Trial Lawyers Association’s “Young Gun Trial Lawyer of the Year” award.
- Jeff Schermerhorn (’05) was recently appointed Vice President of Lockton Companies’ Cyber Technology Practice, the world’s largest privately held independent insurance broker.
Submit a class note to share your exciting news in the Alumni Highlights!