Michelle KnowlesTwo Chapman University Dale E. Fowler School of Law alumnae were recognized recently for their work within their legal communities.

Michelle Knowles (’00) was recognized by her peers in September with a First Chair Award. The award recognizes the country’s most innovative and accomplished in-house counsel for their achievements and significant contributions to the legal community. Knowles has worked as in-counsel at Byram Healthcare since 2013 when it acquired A-Med Health Care, where she served as in-house counsel for nine years.

“It is an honor to have been nominated by my colleagues for the First Chair Award,” she said. “I appreciate their confidence in my work. Being general counsel is exciting and challenging, and I enjoy serving my many different internal clients as we work toward the common goals of serving our customers, and meeting the needs and expectations of our shareholders.”

Caroline HahnCaroline Hahn (’03) was elected as president of the Orange County Korean American Bar Association (OC KABA). Hahn has been a member of OC KABA since 2005 and an active board member of the organization since 2013, and will be installed at a dinner scheduled for October 20. As president, her goals are to grow membership to provide a strong voice for the community and to give back through the association’s pro-bono clinics in Garden Grove and Buena Park.

“I have a heart for Korean Americans in Orange County because this is where I grew up,” she said. “The Korean American population in Orange County has grown so much and I am excited to mobilize Korean American attorneys to help our community.”

Hahn began her career as an Orange County Deputy Public Defender and now owns her own practice specializing in criminal defense.

Read more alumni news.

Are you an alumnus? Have you recently changed firms, been promoted, published or made partner and would like to be featured on the Chapman Law blog? Submit a class note!