Welcome back, Panthers! And congratulations to all the new Chapman University students of the 2015-2016 school year. Incoming freshmen will find that the Leatherby Libraries has hundreds of different services and types of aid we offer to all our students. For those wanting to learn more about Chapman University’s prestigious library, we will be hosting a Library Services Fair on September 9th. But for returning students, you may see that some things have changed on the first floor of our library. What happened to the copy alcove and why is the Card Services desk in the Rotunda Café and not in Bhathal Student Services Center?
Here are some updates:
- Printers, copiers and array of paperclips have moved from the first-floor copy alcove to the east side of the library’s entrance
- Printers (Printing pricing):
- Black & white printers are available on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floors of the library and in Computer Lab B-11 in the basement
- Color printing is available in Computer Lab B-11
- Copy machines are on the 1st and 3rd floors of the library
- Scanners are available on the first floor in the Scholars’ Corner
IS&T Service Desk is replacing the first-floor copy alcove. Previously in the basement, they are moving the center to the main floor to be more accessible to students. The IS&T Service Desk provides help to computing problems and support to faculty, staff, and students. They also offer walk-in service or are available by phone to receive help with connectivity from the internet to Chapman’s network and web services.
Card Services will be joining the Rotunda Cafe. The Card Services desk is open Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm. This service is for students needing to replace their card or gain access to certain buildings. There is a $10.00 fee for replacing lost student ID cards.