Happy February! Celebrate Valentine’s Day by expanding your knowledge of some of the different types of love:
It was once illegal to marry someone of a different race. Learn about the couple who took their case to the Supreme Court and succeeded in ending all state laws which banned interracial marriage in The case for Loving.
Read about the love between a boy and his grandmother by checking out I love you this much, Nonna by Economics Professor and President Emeritus Dr. Jim Doti.
Find inspiration in a women’s quest for self-love in Eat, pray, love.
The new materials display is located behind the reference desk and everything is available for check-out.
- The case for Loving : the fight for interracial marriage
- I love you this much, Nonna
- Undefeated : Jim Thorpe and the Carlisle Indian School football team
- Eat, pray, love : one woman’s search for everything across Italy, India and Indonesia
- Hanging out : the psychology of socializing
- Learning to read in a digital world