Welcome back Panthers! The Leatherby Libraries added new e-book titles in the subjects of film and history. In Women in the Weimar Republic, explore the changes in the lives of German women and their new experiences in employment, education and political life in the early twentieth century. ReFocus. The films of Amy Heckerling is the first book-length study of popular director and screenwriter Amy Heckerling, whose filmography includes Clueless (1995) and Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982).
Take a look at other featured e-books for September:
- Laughing matters : understanding film, television and radio comedy
- Catherine Breillat
- An invention without a future : essays on cinema
- Buzz : the life and art of Busby Berkeley
- Editing and special/visual effects
- Horror to the extreme : changing boundaries in Asian cinema
- God In the stadium : sports and religion in America
- China, Korea, and Japan Archaeology of East Asia : the rise of civilization in China, Korea and Japan
- Metaphors of Spain : representations of Spanish national identity in the twentieth century
- Writing wrongdoing in Spain, 1800-1936 : realities, representations, reactions
- Diversity in diaspora : Hmong Americans in the twenty-first century
- New Faces, New Voices : the Hispanic Electorate in America
- Safeguarding democratic capitalism : U.S. foreign policy and national security, 1920-2015
- The road to Soweto : resistance and the uprising of 16 June 1976
To read an e-book, click “Connect to electronic book” on the title page for the book you would like to read and log in using your Chapman or Brandman University credentials.
Please Note: Some e-books may be unavailable for a period of time due to the number of users who can check-out the e-books simultaneously.