Awards and Recognitions
Oral (e.g., Platform Presentations, Symposiums, Plenaries, Keynotes)
- Dr. Jerika Lam spoke with others on “Optimizing Opportunities in Vaccination: Practical Considerations for an Evolving COVID-19 Landscape” at the Medscape Continuing Medical Education for the IDWeek Conference in Boston, MA on October 11, 2023.
- Drs. Kathy Besinque and Emmanuelle Schwartzman discussed “Coaching Learners for Success” at the California Society of Health-System Pharmacists Seminar in Long Beach, CA.
- Dr. Jeff Goad collaborated to present “From Bench to Practice: Let’s Keep Vaccinating Against COVID-19” at the APhA Webinar on October 19, 2023.
- Dr. Jeff Goad spoke with others on “COVID-19, RSV & Flu Vaccines: Separating Fact from Fiction” National Foundation for Infectious Diseases and Infectious Diseases Society of America Foundation Webinar. October 19, 2023.
- Dr. Keykavous Parang discussed “Amphipathic Hybrid Cell-Penetrating Peptide-Doxorubicin Conjugate as a Strategy to Overcome Multi-Drug Resistance and Decrease Cardiotoxicity” with others at the 18th Annual Peptide Therapeutics Symposium from October 7-16, 2023 in La Jolla, CA.
- Dr. Emmanuelle Schwartzman presented on the “Success in Applying for Residency and Fellowship Training” at the national Rho Chi Annual Town Hall on October 17th, 2023.
- Dr. Coco Yang presented “Hashing out the Pros and Cons of Marijuana Use: Navigating Updates and Evolving Practices” as a selected speaker with others at the California Society of Health-System Pharmacists Seminar in Long Beach, CA.
- Dr. Miao Zhang presented “Structure-function studies of KCa2.x Channels” at the Ion Channel Modulation Symposium in Irvine, CA on October 19th, 2023.
- Dr. Amy Kang co-presented “A Network Meta-Analysis of Antibiotic Efficacy for the Treatment of Skin and Soft Tissue Infections” at IDWeek in Boston, MA
- Drs. Amy Kang and Gary Fong worked with others on “Development of an Adaptable Roadmap for Implementation of the Infectious Diseases Society of America Core Antimicrobial Stewardship Curriculum in Infectious Diseases Fellowship Programs” for IDWeek in Boston, MA.
- Dr. Amy Kang, Dr. Mary Gutierrez, and recent alumna Dr. Mary Elkomos collaborated with others on “Effectiveness of Non-carbapenem vs Carbapenems Empiric Therapy for Extended-Spectrum β-Lactamase (ESBL)-producing Enterobacterales (PE) Infections in Non-ICU patients: A Real-world Investigation in a Hospital with High-prevalence of ESBL-PE” at IDWeek in Boston, MA.
- Dr. Neeloufar Fakourfar, Dr. May Mak, Dr. Hindu Rao, and PharmD candidates Lillian Nguyen and Tara Kavehzadeh presented “Implementation of a Pharmacy Team-Led Workflow to Improve Statin Adherence” at the California Society of Health-System Pharmacists Seminar in Long Beach, CA.
- Drs. May Mak, Hindu Rao, and Neeloufar Kakourfar presented with others on “Expansion of a Clinical Pharmacy Program with Team-Based Care and Innovative Use of Technicians and Students” at the California Society of Health-System Pharmacists Seminar in Long Beach, CA.
- Dr. Miao Zhang, Nadeen Naguib, Drs. Youngwoo Nam, Razan Orfali, and Mohammad Rahman, PharmD candidates Elyn Lam and Grace Yang presented “Structure-function studies of loss-of-function KCa2.2 mutant channel” at the California Society of Health-System Pharmacists Seminar in Long Beach, CA.
- Dr. Richard Beuttler, Dr. Jelena Lewis, Dr. Brian Kawahara, alongside PharmD candidates Aida Pazhoohesh, Jack Menzagopian, Sahar Pakbaz, and Cindy Tran presented “A Report on Rationing of Insulin and Diabetes Supplies by Type 2 Diabetes Patients from Healthcare System in Orange County” at the Poster Presentation at CSHP Seminar. Long Beach, CA, October 2023.
- Dr. Aftab Ahmed and alumni Basir Syed collaborated with others on “Chemical hypoxic preconditioning improves survival and proliferation of mesenchymal stem cells” in Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology.
- Dr. Keykavous Parang collaborated with others, including faculty with Chapman University colleges, on “Tolfenamic Acid Derivatives: A New Class of Transcriptional Modulators with Potential Therapeutic Applications for Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders” in the Internation Journal of Molecular Sciences.
- Dr. Coco Yang, alumni Dr. Christopher Nguyen and Dr. Kristin Willins, Dr. and PhD candidate Anika Patel published “Improving Pharmacist-Led Pediatric Patient Education on Oral Chemotherapy at Home” with others in Children.
- Dr. Ajay Sharma collaborated on “Murine models of graft versus host disease (GVHD): Focus on ocular GVHD” in The Ocular Surface. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1542012423001246?via%3Dihub
- Dr. Coco Yang worked with others on “Improved synthesis and anticancer activity of a potent neuronal nitric oxide synthase inhibitor” in Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters.