The Office of Research is pleased to announce the 2nd annual Chapman Grant Writers’ Bootcamp which is designed to assist faculty in learning about all phases of the grant cycle through a simulation process (proposal to award). Faculty will respond to a Request for Proposals (RFP), learn about the details of grant preparation at Chapman, participate in the review process, revise their proposal, and receive initial funding (Grant Writers’ Award) that will be treated as a grant at Chapman. The emphasis is on simulation of the grant process.
Proposals will be due at 5:00 PM, May 29, 2020. Complete information can be found at the Internal Awards tab.
The Grant Writer’s Bootcamp will be held August 20 & 21, 2020 and will include various topics to assist in grant development and review. These include:
- Finding grant funding opportunities
- Interacting with program officers
- Advice from other new and experienced investigators
- Elements of high-quality proposals
- Peer review including mock panel reviews
- Basics of working with Sponsored Projects and Research Integrity Offices
- Developing boilerplate materials (e.g. biosketches and resources documents)
- Advice from outside experts (e.g., program officer, grant writer)
- Effective project management
Upon successful revision of the participants Bootcamp proposal, faculty will receive $5,000.00 as a Grant Writers’ Award. The Office of Research staff will act as program officers and faculty will take on the responsibilities of a Principal Investigator and go through all steps of an award process including, compliance, award setup, initial project meeting, and project management. Project periods will be for up to one year.