Jose Bejar

Join us in welcoming our new Schmid College Career Advisor, Jose Bejar! As the Career Advisor, Jose is here to help students find opportunities and resources regarding their respective career routes, as well as answer any questions or concerns! We asked Jose a few questions to get to know him and his interests!

Q&A with Jose Bejar

Schmid College: Tell us about yourself.

Jose Bejar: “Hello everyone, my name is Jose Bejar. My preferred pronouns are he, him, and his. I was born and raised in East Los Angeles, California.  I identify as a first-generation Mexican American man. I attended UC Irvine for my undergrad, and I double majored in Psychology and Social Behavior along with Criminology, Law and Society (long major name problems!). After a 2-year break, I decided to attend Cal State Fullerton and I received my Master of Science in Higher Education this past June! My hobbies include playing basketball, soccer, singing in my car, playing Smash Brothers, binge watching Netflix, watching anime or reading manga, watching sports (Go Lakers and Dodgers!), working out, and going for medium long walks.”

SC: What are you looking forward to in this new role?

JB: “As the Career Advisor for Schmid, I am looking forward to meeting all of you and being able to serve and support you to the best of my ability. My goal is to help you achieve any career goals you have set for yourself during your time at Chapman and even after! I am looking forward to getting to know you all and I hope you do not only drop by my office for advising, but also to say hi or have a genuine conversation about anything else!”

SC: Do you have any advice to share with our Schmidsters?

JB: “My best piece of advice for students is to have an open mind and take advantage of any opportunity that comes your way. You never know if you may like a certain job until you take that internship, research position, or career excursion. Lastly, Schmid College has a ton of resources for you! Make sure to look at them and use them while you are on campus. 😊”

SC: What is a fun fact about yourself?

JB: “A fun fact about me is that I have rewatched The Office nine times! I also listen to The Office Ladies podcast. I’m a huge fan of The Office!”

Welcome to Schmid College Jose!

For those who have any questions regarding their career or career opportunities for their respective major, feel free to reach out to Jose at bejar@chapman.edu for further questions or inquiries!