Announced on September 7, 2017
Inside Technical Specialist West- Cell Therapy
Irvine Scientific, a member of JXTG Group, is a worldwide leader in the innovation and manufacture of cell culture media, reagents, and medical devices for researchers and clinicians. The company provides unrivalled service and quality to scientists working in cell therapy and regenerative medicine, assisted reproductive technology and cytogenetics, and industrial cell culture for the large-scale production of biotherapeutics and vaccines. Irvine Scientific adheres to both ISO and FDA regulations and operates dual cGMP manufacturing facilities in California, USA and Tokyo, Japan. The company’s consultative philosophy combined with expertise in cell culture and compliance provides customers with unique capabilities and support. For over 40 years Irvine Scientific has remained uniquely flexible and focused on media while becoming a strategic global leader in media products and services. Additional information can be found at www.irvinesci.com.
We are seeking an individual to be responsible for generating new sales at targeted accounts, achieving forecast, developing accounts as well as expansion and maintenance of existing customers for our West Coast region.
- Execute a sales plan to assist organization in meeting and exceeding the Cell Therapy (CT) sales objectives,
- Refine the Key & Target accounts, specifically associated with cell therapy opportunities,
- Support TSSs through seed & grow activities to develop, maintain, expand existing business,
- Support Marketing in developing strategies and sales tools needed for product line success.
- Qualify, develop and close prospects & customers according to strategic and territory plan,
- Perform cold calls as needed on Key & Target accounts to generate sales opportunities,
- Forecast business and sales accurately to the company as required,
- Attend tradeshows and participate in marketing efforts.
- Provide feedback to IS / JX personnel on changes in the marketplace and competitive information,
- Contribute to new product ideas and promotional activities to assure profitable growth,
- Complete reports and additional paperwork required in a timely fashion,
- Work within the expense guidelines
- Other duties may be assigned as needed to achieve the Corporate Plan
- Minimum, a bachelor’s degree (B. S. or B.A.) in a Life Science or related field from four-year college or university,
- Masters (MSc or MBA) level preferred,
- Training specific to the responsibilities at hand, and/or equivalent combination of education and experience,
- Minimum of five (5) years related experience in Sales, Marketing and related functions to Business Development in the Life Sciences industries.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Intermediate to high level of sales and marketing techniques in a technical environment.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists,
- Ability to interpret and act on a variety of instructions regardless of format written or verbal
- Must be physically capable of rigorous, extensive air and automotive travel and spending considerable amounts of time away from home. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Overnight travel as needed to achieve the business objectives
- Must be able to speak and hear, use a computer and telephone, and drive a motor vehicle
To Apply: Please send resume with salary history to: IS_HR@irvinesci.com. Please put ITSW 080317 in the subject line.
Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer.