Dr. Lisa Sparks, Professor, Director, Health and Strategic Communications Program and Distinguished Presidential Research Fellow of Health and Risk Communication, has been busy earning awards, presenting papers and speaking across the country. Below is a list of some recent awards she has received and events she has attended.
Congratulations Dr. Sparks!
- TEDxOrangeCoast – Lisa Sparks – Health Risk Messages and Decision-Making
- Research Presentation of Distinction Award: Communicating to improve cancer outcomes, DCHC conference, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA, March 26, 2013.
- Invited speaker: Effectively communicating with your target audience: The savvy scientist (bioengineer). Edwards Lifesciences Center for Advanced Cardiovascular Technology, University of California, Irvine, CA, March 9, 2012.
- Best paper award: Introducing Global Advocacy Leadership Academy (GALA): Training Health Advocates Around the World to Champion the Needs of Health Care Consumers, by G.L. Kreps, P. Kim, L. Sparks, L. Neuhauser, C. Daugherty, M. R. Canzona, W. Kim, J. Jun. presented at the International Academy, Research, and Industry Association, Venice, Italy, October, 21-26, 2012.
- Invited speaker: Health care communication policy and practice: Translating theory and research into application. University of California, Santa Barbara colloquium series, February 8, 2013.
- Invited speaker: Health care communication policy and practice: Translating theory and research into application. VU Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands, November 2012.
- Invited speaker: Public health campaigns from local to global: An intergroup communication approach. University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, October 2-5, 2012.
- Invited speaker: Interdisciplinary approaches to integrating social media into public health communication campaigns: Evidence-based perspectives. West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV, October 8-12, 2012.
- Invited speaker: Using social media to recruit into SWOG studies. Southwest Oncology Group Bi-Annual Conference, Chicago, IL, October 19, 2012.
- Invited speaker: Health communication and health literacy: A community-based participatory perspective. Rotary Club of Orange, Orange, CA, August 16, 2012.