If you’ve visited the Argyros School recently, you may have noticed some new friendly staff members, including Makayla Scott. Makayla graduated from California Baptist University with a BA in Christian Behavioral Sciences and a minor in Psychology. Before joining the Career Advancement Team at Chapman University this past spring, Makayla worked in Human Resources for a non-profit, specializing in benefits, leave of absences, and events. Makayla is looking forward to getting to know Argyros School of Business and Economics students and helping them in their career journeys!

What are some of your favorite things to do in your spare time/ what hobbies or interests do you have outside of work?

Most of my time outside of work is spent with my amazing husband and our one year old daughter. I love any opportunity to be at the beach, go on a foodie adventure, or just spend time relaxing and being with family and friends.

What are some things that excite you about working with Chapman’s business students?

I can see the dedication and drive that Chapman business students have for their education and careers. It gets me excited to be able to come alongside them in this season to help them prepare, whether through resume and cover letter reviews, interview prep or putting together events that give them the opportunity to network with employers. My hope is that the services that the Career Advancement Team provides will help them to land that dream job or internship!

Do you have any advice to students looking for guidance before the start of the school year?

Come see our team! It’s never too early to get program advising or career advice, even if you have no clue what you want to do. We are here to help you! Plus, we have free coffee and snacks!