Jasmine Askarinam is an Argyros student pursuing a degree in Business Administration with a double emphasis in Marketing and Real Estate at Chapman. Despite being a nervous high school senior feeling daunted by the prospect of having more attention on her in smaller classes, Jasmine decided to attend Chapman University’s Argyros School because she knew the abundant connections and networking opportunities would be well worth the challenge. She has since realized the intimate class sizes made her educational journey even more impactful!

Jasmine’s Chapman Experience

Jasmine’s experience in the classroom has been characterized by personal connections with professors and other students. “I have learned new material even more effectively while having opportunities to ask for advice when needed,” she says. Outside the classroom, Jasmine has been heavily involved in the professional business fraternity, Alpha Kappa Psi. “Not only did deciding to rush help me build my resume, interview, and other professional skills, it also introduced me to many of my lifelong best friends.”

Jasmine’s Career Experience

Despite the difficulties that came with the state of the COVID-19 pandemic during her first semester, Jasmine still landed her first internship that same semester. She worked as a Marketing Intern for a documentary series with the ROYCE Agency JAVM Group. Shortly after, she redirected her professional interests toward real estate and worked as a real estate intern for the Eklund Gomes Team at Douglas Elliman. “Picking up new transactional and social skills alongside other agents and interns, the opportunity excited me to add my second emphasis.” She will soon be writing the salesperson licensure exam and plans to begin her career as a real estate agent in the coming months as she concludes her undergraduate education as a part-time student.

Jasmine’s Advice to Argyros Students

“Now reflecting as a senior, concluding my college experience, giving Alpha Kappa Psi a chance, and coming out to rush remains the best recommendation I can offer to any student here at Chapman – regardless of their year or major.”

___

Connect with Jasmine on LinkedIn >>>