My name is Michele Cha and I am a junior double majoring in Business and Strategic and Corporate Communication. This past semester, I was fortunate enough to dip my toes in the world of app development and marketing through my internship at MedlMobile Enterprises. I worked directly with the marketing supervisor and the team to manage reputations for certain clients, build the various brands for different apps from the ground up, design social media and video content, and even create unique blog posts.

I found this internship through a friend working as a marketing intern at the company. She let me know that there were positions open and recommended my resume to her supervisor. With her help, I started my journey as a marketing and human resources intern at MedlMobile Enterprises! So far, there have been many challenges that I’ve faced and, especially with the pandemic happening. It has not been easy switching to remote work. However, these difficulties have made me more determined to get the most out of my internship.

As a Strategic and Corporate Communication major, many of the classes we take are extremely diverse and broad making it very easy to apply different skills to various areas of the business. For instance, social media design and content creation came in handy when I was asked to take on a project that involved creating all the content for a new app for a client.

Although I did learn much about the marketing aspect of the business, I believe the most valuable experience I gained from this internship was finally being able to see the marketing projects that I worked on start to gain momentum and become an actual blog or social media platform for our client. My main goal throughout this internship was to be able to take a client’s perspective and needs and transform them into an established brand that can continue to grow in the future. I believe it is safe to say that I learned a lot about how to incorporate someone else’s ideas and wants with my vision for them.

My advice to other students who might be interested in an internship, regardless if it is marketing or this specific company, is to always be proactive and continuously work hard even if it is not the type of work you expected. Teaching interns is not normally the priority for many employees, but they will dedicate their time to you as long as you show you are willing to do even the smallest project. So, continue to be an overachiever! You never know what kind of opportunities will be there for you when you set your mind to it.