The Student Advisory Board (SAB) is one of 4 student groups in the School of Communication. The Student Advisory Board, founded in 2017, is student-run and serves as the student voice to the administration, representing the School of Communication to various constituencies (prospective and current students, faculty, parents, and administrators), and implementing programs and initiatives designed to enhance the student experience within the school. The SAB works with their faculty advisor, Dr. Andrea Weber, and different student programs in the School of Communication like the SoC Trailblazer program, Chapman Radio, and Lambda Pi Eta.
Who is part of the student advisory board?
- Current School of Communication students, ranging in class standings and majors.
What does the organization do?
- Generate and implement programs, initiatives, and events in the SoC designed to enhance the student experience
- Provide support and resources for SoC students
- Answer questions about Chapman, courses, and instructors through peer mentoring
- Share ways to get involved on campus
- Empower the SoC student body as the student voice to SoC administration
- Represent the SoC to various constituencies
What are some examples of SAB Events & Programs?
- Peer Mentoring
- Semi-annual Beach Clean-Up
- Pie with the Dean
- Meet with admitted students through Panther for a Day
- Coming soon: Networking Events
If this sounds like something you would be interested in becoming a part of, the Student Advisory Board is recruiting in the Fall! All School of Communication students are welcome to apply! More information to come. If you have any questions, please email Dr. Andrea Weber.