Announced on May 17, 2022
Fall 2023: School of Communication Program Advising
All School of Communication undergraduate students are welcome to meet with any of our Program Advisors in the School of Communication. At least one Program Advisor is available every afternoon, Monday through Friday, during the fall and spring semesters.
- Walk-in hours (3 days a week) are in-person and do NOT require an appointment. Students will be seen on a first-come, first-served basis during walk-in hours.
- Online appointments (3 days a week) are conducted through Microsoft Teams (not Zoom). Microsoft Teams is available for free using your Chapman credentials. You can learn more about using Microsoft Teams here: Microsoft Teams information.
FALL, 2023 Program Advising Hours
- MONDAY from 2:00-5:00: Dr. Travis Bartosh (210 Doti Hall walk-in hours)
- TUESDAY from 12:30-3:30: Dr. Andrea Weber (203 Doti Hall walk-in hours)
- TUESDAY from 2:00-5:00: Dr. Travis Bartosh (online by appointment)
- WEDNESDAY from 1:00-4:00: Dr. Arleen Bejerano (211 Doti Hall walk-in hours)
- THURSDAY from 3:00-6:00: Dr. Arleen Bejerano (online by appointment)
- FRIDAY from 12:30-3:30: Dr. Andrea Weber (online by appointment)
Dr. Andrea Weber: Tuesday (in person) and Friday (online) from 12:30-3:30 PST
- Tuesday (203 Doti Hall) and Friday (online by appointment)
- TUESDAY: Dr. Weber will have open office hours between 12:30-3:30 in 203 Doti Hall
- FRIDAY: Dr. Weber will accept online appointments on Fridays made through this link: Online appointment link
Dr. Arleen Bejerano: Wednesday (in person) 1:00-4:00 and Thursday 3:00-6:00 (online) PST
- Wednesday (211 Doti Hall) and Thursday (online by appointment)
- WEDNESDAY: Dr. Bejerano will have open office hours on Wednesday between 1:00-4:00 in 211 Doti Hall
- THURSDAY: Dr. Bejerano will accept online appointments on Thursday made through this link: Online appointment link
Dr. Travis Bartosh: Monday (in person) from 2:00-5:00 PST and Tuesday (online) from 2:00-5:00 PST
- Mondays (210 Doti Hall) and Tuesdays (online by appointment)
- MONDAY: Dr. Bartosh will have open office hours between 2:00-5:00 PST in 210 Doti Hall on Mondays
- TUESDAY: Dr. Bartosh will accept online appointments on Thursdays made through this link: Online appointment link
A few things to remember when using Microsoft Teams:
- For appointments, you must book using your Chapman credentials through this link: Online appointment link
- Download Microsoft Teams prior to your appointment (it is free using your Chapman credentials).
- Please be logged in to Microsoft Teams during your appointment window. A program advisor will reach out to you via Video Chat during your appointment window.
- If you are not in California, please remember that appointments are PST.
Reach out to a PROGRAM Advisor if you want:
- To review your major program evaluation
- To ask questions about your schedule (both short and long term)
- Help planning your SoC courses
- Study abroad approvals
- To talk about internship opportunities
- Help researching minors or double majors that match your interests.
- To find out more about future career paths.
Reach out to an ACADEMIC Advisor (GE assistance, graduation check, adding another major): Academic Advising Walk-ins and Appointments
Reach out to an SOC Peer Mentor (advice, resources, support): SoC Peer Mentor Info
-Your School of Communication Program Advising Team