Announced on May 27, 2020
School of Communication Fall Program Advising
We are excited to see you this fall for SoC Program Advising through both in-person and virtual options!
Remember that all School of Communication students are welcome to meet with ANY of our Program Advisors. You are NOT assigned a specific Program Advisor in the School of Communication. For your convenience, at least one SoC Program Advisor will have availability every afternoon (Monday through Friday) during the fall and spring semesters.
As we adjust to life back on campus, we would also like to remain flexible to accommodate those who would prefer to remain online for one to one meetings. Therefore, we will have a combination of virtual and in person options available for School of Communication Program Advising.
Fall, 2021 Advising Schedule
- Monday 2:00-5:00 in Doti 210 (Mr. Bartosh)
- Tuesday 12:30-2:30 in Doti 203 (Dr. Weber)
- Wednesday 2:00-5:00 in Doti 211 (Dr. Bejerano) or online by appointment (Mr. Bartosh)
- Thursday 12:30-2:30 online by appointment (Dr. Weber)
- Friday 12:30-2:30 online by appointment (Dr. Bejerano)
Fall, 2021 School of Communication Program Advisors and Hours:
Dr. Andrea Weber: Tuesday and Thursday 12:30-3:30 PST
- Tuesday (walk-ins) 203 Doti Hall
- Students can visit 203 Doti Hall or reach out to Dr. Weber using the Chat feature on Microsoft Teams during these hours. In person students will have priority over those who reach out via Teams.
- Thursday (online by appointment)
- Dr. Weber will accept online appointments made through this link: Online appointment link
Mr. Travis Bartosh: Monday and Wednesday 2:00-5:00 PST
- Monday (walk-ins) 210 Doti Hall
- Students can visit 210 Doti Hall or reach out to Mr. Bartosh using the Chat feature on Microsoft Teams between 2-5. In person students will have priority over those who reach out via Teams.
- Wednesday (online by appointment)
- Mr. Bartosh will accept online appointments made through this link: Online appointment link
Dr. Arleen Bejerano: Wednesday and Friday 2:00-5:00pm (PST)
- Wednesdays (walk-ins) 211 Doti Hall
- Students can visit 211 Doti Hall or reach out to Dr. Bejerano using the Chat feature on Microsoft Teams between 2-5. In person students will have priority over those who reach out via Teams.
- Fridays (online by appointment)
- Dr. Bejerano will accept online appointments made through this link: Online appointment link,
Reach out to a PROGRAM Advisor if you want:
- To review your major program evaluation
- To ask questions about your schedule (both short and long term)
- Help planning your SoC courses
- Study abroad approvals
- To talk about internship opportunities
- Help researching minors or double majors that match your interests.
- Find out more about future career paths.
A few things to remember when using Microsoft Teams:
- On walk-in days, you can reach out to the available SoC Program Advisor using the Chat Feature (remember that in-person students have priority and so there may be a delay in response).
- For appointments, you must book using your Chapman credentials through this link: Online appointment link
- Download Microsoft Teams prior to your appointment (it is free using your Chapman credentials).
- Please be logged in to Microsoft Teams during your appointment window. A program advisor will reach out to you via Video Chat during your appointment window.
- If you are not in California, please remember that appointments are PST.
We look forward to seeing you in person or on Microsoft Teams this semester!
-Your School of Communication Program Advising Team
Reach out to an ACADEMIC Advisor (GE assistance, graduation check, adding another major): Academic Advising Walk-ins and Appointments
Reach out to an SOC Peer Mentor (advice, resources, support): SoC Peer Mentor Info