Over the weekend of October 11-13, Chapman University will be celebrating its annual Chapman Family Homecoming Celebration. The schedule of events includes the grand opening of the Keck Center for Science and Engineering, distinguished alumni awards, faculty master classes, the annual chili cook-off, homecoming football game, and so much more! Registration and the full event schedule can be found at chapman.edu/homecoming.
This year, in accordance with the theme, “A Salute to Hometown Heroes,” Chapman is supporting two non-profit organizations: Working Wardrobes and A Million Thanks. Working Wardrobes’ mission is to help men, women, young adults, and veterans prepare for the workforce by providing wardrobe services, career workshops, and job placement assistance. Since the organization was founded in 1990, they have helped nearly 95,000 people. A Million Thanks supports both active and veteran men and women by sending letters and granting wishes, in addition to providing scholarships for higher education for their children.
How to get Involved
- Join the Chapman Family at the Hometown Heroes picnic lunch on Saturday, October 13th at 11:30am on Memorial Lawn to donate your professional clothing, shoes, and accessories. All sizes are needed.
- Men’s clothing: suits, suit jackets, dress shirts, dress pants, dress shoes, dress socks, ties, bents, cufflinks.
- Women’s clothing: suits, blazers, dress pants, blouses, skirts, dresses, cardigans, dress shoes, handbags, jewelry, scarves
- Stop by to write a note of thanks to a service member or first responder. We’ll provide all the supplies!
Free Admission for Neighbors!
Neighbors are invited to use the coupon code orange and register online to waive the $10 registration fee for an array of Homecoming activities. (Some
events and food items have an additional charge, but there is a free continental-style breakfast Saturday morning for those who have registered.) Register now at chapman.edu/homecoming!
Can’t Make the Event? Drop off your donations beforehand!
Various locations will be accepting donations on campus from Wednesday, October 10 through Friday, October 12.
- Office of Community Relations, 332 N. Olive Street
- Elliott Alumni House, 204 N. Olive Street
- Veterans Resource Center, 526 N. Shaffer Street
- Admissions Office, Argyros Forum – 2nd Floor
- University Advancement, 633 W. Palm
- Chapman Grand Residence Facility
Please contact Alisa Driscoll in the Office of Community Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.