On Wednesday, October 3 at 6:30pm, President Daniele C. Struppa will moderate a panel discussion with the authors of Let’s Chat: Cultivating Community University Dialogue.
The Chapman University Padres Unidos Partnership is described as the “coffee table textbook” on partnerships, and shares stories that connect a non-profit community organization and a university. The stories highlighted in the book share insight from both the community residents and the university’s faculty members on how collaboration and partnerships could restructure the relationships within the community.
The book includes topics such as togethering, communal structures, cultural circles, transformation, ethics, praxis of togetherness, and so many more, all in the context of developing collaboration between communities and universities.
Authors of Let’s Chat include:
- Suzanne SooHoo: Professor in the Attallah College of Educational Studies and co-director of the Paolo Freire Democratic Project (PFDP)
- Patricia R. Huerta: Co-founder, Board President, and CEO for Padres Unidos
- Patricia R. Perales Huerta-Meza: Division Director for Padres Unidos’ Adult and Youth Forensic Services
- Timothy Bolin: Chapman University Attallah College of Educational Studies alumni and Organizational Development Strategist for Padres Unidos
- Kevin Stockbridge: Adjunct Instructor in Wilkinson College and Atallah College of Educational Studies and Development Strategist for Padres Unidos
The event will take place at the Center for American War Letters Archives (B03) which is in the lower level of the Leatherby Libraries. Copies of Let’s Chat will be available for purchase at the event.