The team of Public Relations & Advertising students who created and executed the clever “PowerUp” campaign, which we wrote about in February and March, has received an Honorable Mention for their groundbreaking work.
From the PRSSA’s National News desk:
PRSSA 2012 Bateman Competition — First Phase of Judging Results
April 23, 2012
PRSSA Headquarters received 70 entries for the PRSSA 2012 Bateman Case Study Competition. Of these submissions, 15 entries received honorable mention and three were chosen as finalists to present their campaigns in person to United Way and General Mills representatives at the General Mills Headquarters in Minneapolis in May. The results are below:
- Loyola University New Orleans
- University of Florida
- University of Maryland, College Park
2012 Honorable Mentions
- Ball State University
- Brigham Young University, Idaho, “Ovation Public Relations”
- Butler University, “Butler White”
- Chapman University
- Drake University
- Illinois State University
- Louisiana State University
- Seton Hall University, “Pirate PR”
- Seton Hall University, “Steps to a Healthier You”
- Texas State University, San Marcos
- University of Alabama
- Utah Valley University, “GetActive”
- Western Kentucky University, “Mario’s Angels”
- Western Kentucky University, “PRide”
- Western Kentucky University, “Tip-Top Shape”
Thank you to all teams for participating. Although this is a competition, the main purpose is to provide a learning opportunity. PRSSA Headquarters hopes all teams gained valuable experience from their hard work. Score sheets will be mailed to all teams by Monday, April 30.
If you have any questions, please contact Vice President of Education Jeneen Garcia at 212-460-1466.
PRSSA 2012 Bateman Competition Client, Sponsor and Judges
PRSA/PRSSA would like to thank the 2012 Bateman Case Study Competition client, United Way Worldwide, and sponsor, General Mills. A special thanks also to the first phase judges for their time and expertise.
Congratulations to the team, and all the students who participated in this exciting campaign to benefit local OC children!