Did you know a huge number of thesis and alumnus films get substantial funding through crowdsourced sites like Kickstarter and IndieGoGo?
It’s true. The top 10 films (and game) that we know of, have taken in well over $100,000 in contributions from regular, cinema-loving folks at home.
Tomorrow night, Sean Astin (of Lord of the Rings, Goonies fame) will be holding a ‘fireside chat’ with the Crowdfunding Director of FilmBreak, Justin Massion, as they discuss the pitfalls and advantages of crowdfunding an indie project, considering questions like:
- What inspired you to launch a Kickstarter campaign?
- What were the things that worked – and what didn’t work?
- If you had to do it again – what would you have done differently?
- What are your thoughts on celebrity crowdfunding campaigns?
- What advice do you have for others who want to crowdfund?
Tickets are free for Dodge College students, but do require an RSVP. Click here to begin the process.